What's new

CTX 3030 and Oak Island

SusanMN

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
4,563
Reaction score
4,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the program tonight and there is a gentleman using a 3030. The voiceover explaining the detector said that it could detect down 3 feet, which seemed greatly overstated. What's the real max depth on this machine?
 
Depends on what you are looking for....... coin or a car. My DFX can find a hyundai at five feet:laughing7:
 
If I remember correctly, they were trying to find a large box in the swamp using the stock coil. I believe the box was the size of a small deep freezer so yes it will probably find it on all metal mode that deep. It is a pretty deep machine, but not "two box detector" deep.
 
From what I've been told, the CTX doesn't like air between the coil and the ground. If so, it's a wonder they found anything the way the "professional metal detectorist" was swinging it. I wonder what he's being paid to come off with his little quips. It sure seems that Marty is being bilked to the fullest...
 
I've dug down almost 3 feet for a bottom of a 55 gallon barrel with the stock coil, so yes it possible.
 
Why did you do that?:laughing7:

Because there was a possibility of gold coins hidden on the property. A good reason to dig down that far even if it turned out to be a 55 gallon lid....
 
That 17" coil that Gary Drayton was using must be powerful. :unhappysmiley:
But I thought it was over exaggerated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom