What's new

CTX Charger Broke!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe how cheap the charger seems to be for these machines.

I think I only plugged it in the wall, maybe twice. This last time I went to plug in the cord to the box and the connection pushed all the way thru, so its pretty much worthless now.

Does anyone know who from Minelab I can contact? I have emailed them a few times and get zero response.

the machine is less than 6 months old . I spoke with Bart from Big Boys, but he told me this is something that they need to replace.


Does anyone have any good contact info for Minelab? I was gonna buy another one of these (use as a back up) but that was until I noticed it was like 160 bucks



Any Help would be great!
 
That should be covered by the warranty.

When I sent my CTX in I talked to Nadia Mosley

Customer Care: 1-877-767-6522
Direct: 1-630-401-8159
Fax: 1-630-401-8178
Email: nadia.mosley@minelabamericas.com
 
Call. Dont wait for email. They will give you a RMA number and address to send it in for repair/replace.
 
The wall adapter is the inexpensive part of the charging system on the CTX3030. The expensive part is the charger base that the adapter and battery plug into.
Jeff
 
The wall adapter is the inexpensive part of the charging system on the CTX3030. The expensive part is the charger base that the adapter and battery plug into.
Jeff

the way I read it, that was what broke. He went to plug the wall cord into the base and the base plug receiver separated and went inside the base.
 
I cant believe how cheap the charger seems to be for these machines.

I think I only plugged it in the wall, maybe twice. This last time I went to plug in the cord to the box and the connection pushed all the way thru, so its pretty much worthless now.

Does anyone know who from Minelab I can contact? I have emailed them a few times and get zero response.

the machine is less than 6 months old . I spoke with Bart from Big Boys, but he told me this is something that they need to replace.


Does anyone have any good contact info for Minelab? I was gonna buy another one of these (use as a back up) but that was until I noticed it was like 160 bucks



Any Help would be great!

Who are you emailing, what email address?

Call 407 699-8724, Minelab repair center at Kellyco, they will take care of it for you, it is covered under your warranty.

Minelab will give you a RMA, request a mailing label, it will save you postage, they will email you the shipping label...
 
Last edited:
the way I read it, that was what broke. He went to plug the wall cord into the base and the base plug receiver separated and went inside the base.
Guess I did not read far enough down the post. Was relating it to the problems I had with the wall adapter. US type optional snap in electrical plug was a loose fit and did not always make good contact, also sometimes would get very hot. I just replaced the whole adapter with a wall adapter specifically made with a US plug to avoid possible issues.


Thanks!
Jeff
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom