Dang Copperhead

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stinking thing struck my right foot. Thank God I was wearing shoes,so all it got was a mouth full of shoe sole. 18" young one that's now in snake heaven! Be careful out there guys. Copperhead 007.JPG

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The young ones, I understand don't know how little venom they need to use so they give a full dose until they get older and then they can control the dose of venom. Thanks for sending him to the "Happy Viper Land".
Marvin

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you ain't got a nest of 'em around there, somewhere. Yep, ya'll be safe, too!
It's really a beautiful creature, their markings and all, that is......
I'm thinking a nice wallet, hat band, or boots, lol,
maybe, fried 'hor d'ourves".....

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The young ones, I understand don't know how little venom they need to use so they give a full dose until they get older and then they can control the dose of venom. Thanks for sending him to the "Happy Viper Land".
Marvin
Don't know if that is true, but I've been told that ever since I was a young buck. Just glad I wasn't wearing flip flops!

Hope you ain't got a nest of 'em around there, somewhere. Yep, ya'll be safe, too!
It's really a beautiful creature, their markings and all, that is......
I'm thinking a nice wallet, hat band, or boots, lol,
maybe, fried 'hor d'ourves".....
Ha! It would make a nice hat band! They are beautiful snakes. Normally I let them go about their business, but when they are in my yard with an ill temper, I'm gonna take 'em out!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh my that would make me soil my underpants.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 6-8" one do the same to me years ago. It also did not survive. Mine struck toward dusk. What time of day or night did you have your encounter?

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 6-8" one do the same to me years ago. It also did not survive. Mine struck toward dusk. What time of day or night did you have your encounter?

Right at dusk. Felt a thump at the bottom of my shoe. Looked down,and there he was.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperheads like hunting at night for their prey. Glad he missed you.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not making light of a copperhead bite in the least.... NOT AT ALL.

But I kid you all NOT.... here on my ridge in Middle TN. when it's HOT here they DO hunt at night. I can walk around my yard and the wooded area outside my yard and find 10's plus of large copperheads quickly all over. They are all over the place. But I have NEVER been bitten nor my wife or family.

But all the "new" dogs all get bitten.... ONCE. Then they spend a miserable day upon the deck and life goes on then. But if it was me... PLEASE just hand me the gun and I'll take care of myself... :laughing7:

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had one bite my hand when I was 17 , my whole arm swelled up and turned black and blood came out from under my fingernails. My shoulder still bothers me now at 60.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread