LByles
Full Member
- #21
Thread Owner
Highest nearest elevation perhaps?
Well I found one map that showed elevation but at the moment, can't pull it up lol The whole area where it possibly was is on a hill basically. Down the north side is now a pipeline steep down the hill. Road going through has high banks. This area is just straight boonies lol
I even had maps pulled from both parishes. They did have some CW maps as well that were copies the Union took from Confederate prisoners. Omg these roads....we’ve been able to pinpoint some areas that are familiar. So hopefully with these, we can figure out the routes traveled at least and compare to current roads. Haven’t had much time to do anything else this week due to preparing for the meeting I had today. But now that’s over with, back to researching more! My hubby is also friends with some of the CW re-enactors here. I suggested he get with them to see if they have anything of interest. I do know at one point they were wanting to match the original route which cut through our friend’s aunt’s property and she told them no, so they had to go around. I’m sure they have some maps as well (just thought of that like 20 minutes ago lol)






