LByles
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I hate you lol I'm trying to find a church that stopped being used around 1890. A letter I found stated in 1899, the man writing the letter had passed by and it was rotting and falling down. We've checked land survey maps for the state. Found the town, range, section, found it on the maps...but no church indicated. This area was extremely isolated and houses aren't even marked on the maps. Just rivers and creeks. I know it's within a quarter mile radius from a spot I know in that area, but can not for the life of me find it on an old map. Any hope when it comes to situations like this? Or will we just be hunting a full quarter mile radius through the woods? lol

Called the college library and they have a research center with tons of old maps! Unfortunately, that floor of the library is only open at certain times. So...I do believe I will be sneaking out of work Thursday after a meeting! Can't sneak out any earlier b/c I have to prep for this stupid meeting. But I do hope they have what I'm looking for, especially being that what I'm looking for is in the next parish over.







