What's new

***DETECTOR INDURANCE ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
WHICH DETECTOR HAS HELD UP THE LONGEST AN IS STILL BEING SOLD BY THE MANUFACTURER?
List your choice and reason.
Here's mine, my Whites XLT.
Reason: I bought my XLT 10 years ago to replace an XLT I had lost in a fire. The XLT has been in production over 15 years and it is still sold by Whites. That makes it kind of a legend. It still pulls large targets from 2' down and I have found #6 shot at 4+". It still matches my expectations for a general purpose detector.
 
I wouldn't mind one of those for a backup or for visitors to use. :thumbsup:
 
Probed, backup to what?
 
It would be nice to have a economical little brother to my V3i. I have a Dfx as a spare but to hand that over to a friend with no detecting experience can be a little intimidating. My buddy has one for just that purpose and it serves him well.
 
Probed, sounds like you are well equipped. With the dept and versatility of the XLT I never had the urge to upgrade, except for my PI+. Frank
 
The other detector I lust after is the XL pro, the finest analog detector ever Imo. Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom