Deus

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting with the deus for a couple months now, I have dug more (good targets) in iron than I have with any other machine,I am digging deep silver,small buttons and there is nothing the machine can't do that all the other machines I have used! The only thing different about this detector is,it has no wires,or cables,and it is super light....customer service is awesome! Now guys don't get your feathers ruffled when you read this,it's just my opinion! For me why would I want to swing a heavy outdated metal detector doesn't matter what manufacturer it is,why would I want to use one of the heavy machines,when (I) can use less than 2 lb well built super advance machine and I have the options to set it up for any region I am hunting! So if you want to use the most advanced lightest detector out there,then the deus may be for you! This is just my view of the deus ,it is not my intention to slam the other manufacturers for not being caught up with today's technology in such an amazing light compact detector that will find just as much if not more than any other machine I have had the chance to seriously detect with!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Max,while I love my Deus,there are some things that could be improved on it! (no machine is perfect):thumbsup: XP needs to realize most US hunters are coinshooting/relic hunting. That being said the Norm ID (a good idea) is about totally useless! They need to have it set so the TID numbers are in the lower scale,Like 8 kHz range for better target separation. While it may be the cat's azz in Europe,it sucks big time in the US with our coins. Even Garrett makes a "international" model of the ATP and AT Gold. They realize that,the overseas market want a detector that "reads" their targets. The excuse that XP caters to the European market,makes sense,but if they want a piece of the American market,they need to make a few tweeks. The 12 kHz,and 18 kHz frequencys,to me are totally useless,for coin shooting. They are quick to find tiny pieces of can slaw,and can find bottle caps like a gopher finding peanuts! I've ran mine about 1 1/2 months so far,and it's a great detector,but XP Americas need to offer a patch for the US users to change the ID Norm. So you can actually use ALL THE FREQUENCY'S over here! Also I can hit targets just as deep with the lower frequencys,so there's no plus for me to use the higher frequency's,and with all the good targets reading the same numbers as the trash,it just makes for digging more trash,in MY kind of hunting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max,while I love my Deus,there are some things that could be improved on it! (no machine is perfect):thumbsup: XP needs to realize most US hunters are coinshooting/relic hunting. That being said the Norm ID (a good idea) is about totally useless! They need to have it set so the TID numbers are in the lower scale,Like 8 kHz range for better target separation. While it may be the cat's azz in Europe,it sucks big time in the US with our coins. Even Garrett makes a "international" model of the ATP and AT Gold. They realize that,the overseas market want a detector that "reads" their targets. The excuse that XP caters to the European market,makes sense,but if they want a piece of the American market,they need to make a few tweeks. The 12 kHz,and 18 kHz frequencys,to me are totally useless,for coin shooting. They are quick to find tiny pieces of can slaw,and can find bottle caps like a gopher finding peanuts! I've ran mine about 1 1/2 months so far,and it's a great detector,but XP Americas need to offer a patch for the US users to change the ID Norm. So you can actually use ALL THE FREQUENCY'S over here! Also I can hit targets just as deep with the lower frequencys,so there's no plus for me to use the higher frequency's,and with all the good targets reading the same numbers as the trash,it just makes for digging more trash,in MY kind of hunting.

Some good points,I have been trying some different settings and getting maximum depth and accuracy,I will point out some of my cons as well
WS 5 headphones,to Hot,and To lose on my head
Detector stand,when laying on ground there is no stand to keep detector up,easy fix though I will post a picture of my stand
Having to turn off the remote and headphones when ready to quit
A great solution for the ws5 head phones is get the ws4 headphones and call the goldrush guys in NC and get the chef phones

image-1899187691.jpg

image-2096933716.jpg

image-1690739757.jpg

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to give her a "run around the block" this evening when it cools off,and use 8 kHz.:thumbsup: Do you know of any reason why you never see any programs posted for the 4 kHz frequency?:dontknow: I know the TX Power is "fixed" at maximum,but is that a bad thing???? PS. That stand is sweet!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to give her a "run around the block" this evening when it cools off,and use 8 kHz.:thumbsup: Do you know of any reason why you never see any programs posted for the 4 kHz frequency?:dontknow: I know the TX Power is "fixed" at maximum,but is that a bad thing???? PS. That stand is sweet!:thumbsup:

I will run my one program in the 4 kHz am discrimatrate at 45 and dig the 80s tdi and do good with shallow silver but I hunt mainly in 11khz programs

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will run my one program in the 4 kHz am discrimatrate at 45 and dig the 80s tdi and do good with shallow silver but I hunt mainly in 11khz programs
If you lowered the discrimination,couldn't you get more depth? I use very little discrimination,10 at the most,then notch out what I don't want to dig. I've found that by using the notches,I don't loose any depth performance.

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you lowered the discrimination,couldn't you get more depth? I use very little discrimination,10 at the most,then notch out what I don't want to dig. I've found that by using the notches,I don't loose any depth performance.

Yes I just use that the one way to cherry pick silver

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I've been watching different videos on this machine and for a high $$ detector it has been the one I keep being drawn to.
I really like the 4 frequencies (4kHz ; 8kHz ; 12kHz ; 18kHz).

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching different videos on this machine and for a high $$ detector it has been the one I keep being drawn to.
I really like the 4 frequencies (4kHz ; 8kHz ; 12kHz ; 18kHz).

It's finally a detector that has caught up with the times,after using the deus it's kinda like going from mp3 to 8 track

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Max,while I love my Deus,there are some things that could be improved on it! (no machine is perfect)

GREAT point! Detectors are like tools. They all have their job. No one metal detector will do it all. The XP DEUS does many many things very well! Love it!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By far its one of the best & beyond alot of others

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread