What's new

Did anyone see the link to the new Minelab E-Trac? It has been taken down

Michigan Badger said:
Is this a gimmick to make some fast money or a truly unique new machine?
I am wondering the exact same thing MB. It does sounds pretty interesting though.
 
Sounds interesting but will it accept the inline probe by Sunray?

What about additional coils.

According to the Brochure and review this is a "totally new machine"

So If I buy an SE should I go for the Pro of the regular SE?????

I am not about to pay $1500.00 for this machine, mainly because I don't have that much.
 
Michigan Badger said:
Is this a gimmick to make some fast money or a truly unique new machine?

Having dealt with the past issues Minelab felt necessary to correct, there is no choice but to ad on and not just rework a new unit like the past. As long as people keep buying them there is no reason for them to stop producing units that are basically the same. That made me think of a question... Does anyone know a brand of detector that has certain models that all use the same coil but are very different detectors operation wise?
 
mastereagle22 said:
Also just think how bad it would be if your Explorer got a virus and thought it was a Whites or Garrett machine.... ::) :wink: :D ;D
(just poking fun, no one hurt me too bad on this one please)

You are a baaaad boy.
 
Well that new..... Minelab E-Trac .... is not for me........not my cup of coffee.. :coffee2: :coffee2:...==Jim==
 
I heard it has a little man inside the coil that will come out and dig the target for you.......Way to much money for this boy.....
 
TexasDigger1 said:
I heard it has a little man inside the coil that will come out and dig the target for you.......Way to much money for this boy.....


No damn wonder the first coils were so heavy.... must have been union workers. :D

PS... Does the little man in the new coil speak any English? :D :D :D
 
Well,

The new Etrac just got in today. I just read through some of the posts, and found that people who have never seen it, and don't know anything about it, are so easily able to crap on it. I personally am not a Minelab Dealer (although a good friend is), but I know Minelab, and can tell you that this is what the Explorer should have been originally.

It is MUCH lighter. All the controls are MUCH more user friendly.

Best-Mike

Here are some pics:
 

Attachments

  • _IGP1988.webp
    _IGP1988.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 335
  • _IGP1995.webp
    _IGP1995.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 334
  • _IGP1990.webp
    _IGP1990.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 339
  • _IGP1993.webp
    _IGP1993.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 342
  • _IGP1998.webp
    _IGP1998.webp
    38 KB · Views: 342
  • _IGP2001.webp
    _IGP2001.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 331
  • _IGP2002.webp
    _IGP2002.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 338
  • _IGP2003.webp
    _IGP2003.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 341
gollum said:
Well,

The new Etrac just got in today. I just read through some of the posts, and found that people who have never seen it, and don't know anything about it, are so easily able to crap on it. I personally am not a Minelab Dealer (although a good friend is), but I know Minelab, and can tell you that this is what the Explorer should have been originally.

It is MUCH lighter. All the controls are MUCH more user friendly.

Best-Mike

Here are some pics:


Which posts were the ones crapping on it? If someone doesn't want one what's the problem with that? Much more user friendly, well that's what they said about the Quattro, don't see too many of those around except on the classifieds soon after they came out. After using an Explorer for 7 years and seeing the II come along, then the SE, then the pro, I don't think a USB port is too exciting, and I see little else besides that. If it was truly a different beast I doubt very much it would use the same coil as the detector I bought so many years ago. But I will add one thing, I love seeing the new ploders keep coming because the XS models just keep getting cheaper and cheaper!

Go ahead hype it, tell us it's different, say it's lighter, brag it's deeper etc.etc., but don't say we're crapping on it because we don't want one.


PS... If it was only about looks I would definitely have one.
 
Just reread the posts, and you will see what I mean.

As for the Quattro, the biggest problem I had with mine was those dam* shaft locks. They lept slipping, and Minelab would say "That's normal." They eventually replaced them, but I sold mine. It worked very well, but little junk kept going wrong.

XTerra 70 is great. That's why I have one. Same for the Excal and my SD2000. I don't find the need to spend $5k on a GPX.

When did I ever say it was deeper? Don't put words in my mouth. There's a lot more to the ETrac than a USB Port. Before you whine about it, maybe you should go to a local dealer and test it out. I have. I think its' way better than any older Exploder.

Best-Mike
 
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?
 
gollum said:
Just reread the posts, and you will see what I mean.

As for the Quattro, the biggest problem I had with mine was those dam* shaft locks. They lept slipping, and Minelab would say "That's normal." They eventually replaced them, but I sold mine. It worked very well, but little junk kept going wrong.

XTerra 70 is great. That's why I have one. Same for the Excal and my SD2000. I don't find the need to spend $5k on a GPX.

When did I ever say it was deeper? Don't put words in my mouth. There's a lot more to the ETrac than a USB Port. Before you whine about it, maybe you should go to a local dealer and test it out. I have. I think its' way better than any older Exploder.

Best-Mike


That shaft slipping unfortunately is normal.

As for putting words in your mouth I wasn't quoting you, just making the point of detectors being hyped. I thought using the "etc. etc." would have made that clear, but see how it could be taken the other way.
 
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?


I'm a complete believer the slower response is what makes the previous explorers great. You speed it up too much and sure you'll be able to cherry pick masked surface targets a little quicker, but I bet you'll lose the excellent disc. at depth when hunting junky sites, iron infested ones in my case. I won't buy one but sure wish I had someone close that would.
 
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?

Well, unless you are you going to buy the E-Trac, don't go buy a new SE Pro. If that is what you are after just go buy the 11" Pro Coil for your EXII. That's all I did with my XS and it has made a world of difference.
 
bscofield6 said:
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?

Well, unless you are you going to buy the E-Trac, don't go buy a new SE Pro. If that is what you are after just go buy the 11" Pro Coil for your EXII. That's all I did with my XS and it has made a world of difference.

So you think there is that big a difference between the old 1050 coil and the pro coil? I could see it better than slimline, but I think the old 1050 is very good.
 
Iron Patch said:
bscofield6 said:
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?

Well, unless you are you going to buy the E-Trac, don't go buy a new SE Pro. If that is what you are after just go buy the 11" Pro Coil for your EXII. That's all I did with my XS and it has made a world of difference.

So you think there is that big a difference between the old 1050 coil and the pro coil? I could see it better than slimline, but I think the old 1050 is very good.

Yeah, the difference between the 1050 and the Pro is noticeable. I have only used the 1050 coil (and the WOT in farm fields on occasion). The target separation between the 1050 and the Pro is much improved. And there seem to be very bouncy signals. I've noticed that they lock on a LOT better than they did in the past. The depth has also been improved just a bit. I hit one spot where was I getting pennies/dimes in the 10.5" range. With the 1050 the deepest I had ever managed was about 9" on a handful of wheats. And the signals just locked on. I knew exactly what I was digging before I dug it. They were the kind of deep signals where you dig your deep plug, then dig another plug within your plug, then use the probe and MAYBE you can hear the coin then.

I've also used in some of the most pull tab / can slaw ridden spots I have ever seen and I can clearly hear coin signals mixed in there between the rubbish.

If you want to make your XS just a little bit better I would recommend the Pro coil.
 
bscofield6 said:
Iron Patch said:
bscofield6 said:
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?

Well, unless you are you going to buy the E-Trac, don't go buy a new SE Pro. If that is what you are after just go buy the 11" Pro Coil for your EXII. That's all I did with my XS and it has made a world of difference.

So you think there is that big a difference between the old 1050 coil and the pro coil? I could see it better than slimline, but I think the old 1050 is very good.

Yeah, the difference between the 1050 and the Pro is noticeable. I have only used the 1050 coil (and the WOT in farm fields on occasion). The target separation between the 1050 and the Pro is much improved. And there seem to be very bouncy signals. I've noticed that they lock on a LOT better than they did in the past. The depth has also been improved just a bit. I hit one spot where was I getting pennies/dimes in the 10.5" range. With the 1050 the deepest I had ever managed was about 9" on a handful of wheats. And the signals just locked on. I knew exactly what I was digging before I dug it. They were the kind of deep signals where you dig your deep plug, then dig another plug within your plug, then use the probe and MAYBE you can hear the coin then.

I've also used in some of the most pull tab / can slaw ridden spots I have ever seen and I can clearly hear coin signals mixed in there between the rubbish.

If you want to make your XS just a little bit better I would recommend the Pro coil.

What you describe is very typical going from a farm field to land. I may try the pro coil, nothing wrong with having an extra coil just in case.
 
bscofield6 said:
Iron Patch said:
bscofield6 said:
mastereagle22 said:
From what I have read the processor is faster, it has some preset programs like Heavy Trash etc.

It is supposed to have better ergonomics.

Now I have a REAL delima because I am about to buy a NEW machine!! Yay!

I don't know if I should go for the SE Pro or cough up the extra $$ and get the ETrac.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo confused. I doubt I would ever use the USB port and I don't know if the Sunray and the old coils would work on the ETRAC. So what to do, what to do?

Well, unless you are you going to buy the E-Trac, don't go buy a new SE Pro. If that is what you are after just go buy the 11" Pro Coil for your EXII. That's all I did with my XS and it has made a world of difference.

So you think there is that big a difference between the old 1050 coil and the pro coil? I could see it better than slimline, but I think the old 1050 is very good.

Yeah, the difference between the 1050 and the Pro is noticeable. I have only used the 1050 coil (and the WOT in farm fields on occasion). The target separation between the 1050 and the Pro is much improved. And there seem to be very bouncy signals. I've noticed that they lock on a LOT better than they did in the past. The depth has also been improved just a bit. I hit one spot where was I getting pennies/dimes in the 10.5" range. With the 1050 the deepest I had ever managed was about 9" on a handful of wheats. And the signals just locked on. I knew exactly what I was digging before I dug it. They were the kind of deep signals where you dig your deep plug, then dig another plug within your plug, then use the probe and MAYBE you can hear the coin then.

I've also used in some of the most pull tab / can slaw ridden spots I have ever seen and I can clearly hear coin signals mixed in there between the rubbish.

If you want to make your XS just a little bit better I would recommend the Pro coil.

I second what Bscofield6 just said. I was using a 1050 previously, and have gone back to the same areas with my new Pro coil, and have been finding deep, masked old coins in areas that I gridded and worked over heavily with my 1050. To an experienced Explorer user, the improvement is noticeable. It has amazing target separation for a coil of its size, and is a slightly deeper than the older coil. It's also more stable in areas prone to electrical interference/higher ground minerals than the 1050 was. The best performance improvement you could make on an XS, Exp.II, or older SE is to add this new coil. One unfortunate quality about this newer coil is that it's geometry/design creates more drag in the turf than the 1050 did, causing you to tire out a little faster. If you are prone to shoulder/muscle pain/stiffness you will feel it a little more with the newer coil. Performance-wise: A+.

As far as a USB port is concerned, I'm not so sure that could be very useful. Many Explorer users don't change their settings that often. Well, at least I don't. Plus, I heard that it may not be compatible for Apple/Mac users.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom