All Treasure Hunting
Anyone want to fess up to these?

DSC_0716 smaller.jpg

Upvote 0

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know the point of CRHing was to look for pretty designs from others.

Now I'll have to buy a sharpie.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
None of these are my marks but I've seen a ton of the 1980 mark and the 1971 on the lower right.

What area do you live in if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the DC area.

And no, I don't collect the marks, these are being dumped! They came out of a box that seemed to have an unusually high (to me) number of marks. I accidentally dumped some other before I could take a picture of them. My favorite was one that had, in addition to a simple sharpie line, realistic paint colors on JFK's hair and face.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Not mine.. you won't miss mine.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in the DC area.

And no, I don't collect the marks, these are being dumped! They came out of a box that seemed to have an unusually high (to me) number of marks. I accidentally dumped some other before I could take a picture of them. My favorite was one that had, in addition to a simple sharpie line, realistic paint colors on JFK's hair and face.

That makes sense. I live near that area. Whoever this person was, it seems that he gave up a long time ago. I haven't seen any "fresh" marks from any of my boxes. Have you been finding any silver at all?

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mark my dumps. I'm in the DC area and I've seen a lot of vertical red marks. What bank/courier are you ordering from?

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mark my coins. I've just started this and have searched only about $1,100. I have another box coming tomorrow. My first two boxes yielded one 90% half and nothing else. Another 90% half came from $4 in loose teller halves. That's it so far. I have another box coming tomorrow. So far my boxes have come from Citi.

Curly - have luck with any particular banks around here?

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to talk about it really. I didn't hit on a single box last month. BOA/Brinks. I'm on a skunk streak that hopefully ends tonight!!! I bought some nickel boxes at the end of the month and they lifted my spirits a bit.

Streak is over. '67 in my fourth roll!

Last edited:

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am on my first 4 box skunk streak. Have searched approx $10k-$12k in halves and have found 15 40% and 3 90% including a 1939 walker. Also getting them around the DC area. I have seen some of these marks but not as much as a C with a circle around it. 4 more boxes tonight, hoping to end the streak.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Curly and good luck toorude.

I'm still figuring out how much volume I will do. Probably not too much at any one time. I'm also trying to mix in loose teller halves, MWRs and CWRs that are on hand at banks. Where do you guys dump? I thought I would dump at PNC but their machines have been adjusted so they don't take halves. I can give them rolls, but so far I only have been dumping $50 in rolls at a time and going to different branches to stay under the radar.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I am on my first 4 box skunk streak. Have searched approx $10k-$12k in halves and have found 15 40% and 3 90% including a 1939 walker. Also getting them around the DC area. I have seen some of these marks but not as much as a C with a circle around it. 4 more boxes tonight, hoping to end the streak.

I've seen a few of those "C" marks on my coins as well. You're having much better luck than I am with halve boxes. I've only found 2 40%ers From $7,000 searched (14 boxes).

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make that 8 straight skunks. I guess this is a legit streak now. Oh well. Maybe I should go back to metal detecting for awhile.

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
i got one today from one of the 7 banks i stopped at on the way to my grandparents house with a single black sharpie dot above the hairline... knew what it was right away lol.

lambo1

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got one of the reds all the way in la around a week ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread