What's new

Did much better than usual Saturday (another silver $)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my banks had four bags of cents for me. It is a 10 mile drive so I decided to hunt in that area. They also had half ($500) a bag of dimes in their coin machine. Stopped at the usual banks, many tellers recognised me. Got a total of $1100 in haves and that $500 in dimes and 27 BIG dollars. Always ask for big dollars because you never know what you will get. Here is a surprise for me a 1958 Canadian silver dollar. Only 6/10 oz silver but cant complain. I "borrowed" these pics from online. My coin looks very simular. The bid price on this right now is $11.50 US
canada-f.webp canada-b.webp

From my normal hunting I got:
2 silver dimes from the bag
1 - 90% JFK
10 - 40% JFK

As I was leaving one of the banks I heard my name called out. One of the tellers was running up to me with a small metal box in her hands. She had been waiting for me to come by and had something to show me. It contained 20-30 coins, mostly silver. I looked at a few and she asked if I wanted to buy. I made her an offer and found out that this was just a preview of what she had. She said she works everyother Saturday and in two weeks she will bring all her coins for me to buy. It is going to be a long two weeks, she has no idea what she has. I saw a morgan dollar, wakling liberty half, several 40% JFK and some V nickels. She had to get back to her window so I couldn't look at any more.

She also had one of these.
Gaudens.webp
It was proof quality, but in tiny words on the back I could see COPY >:(
What should I offer for this?
 
Upvote 0
If it has copy on there most likely its not even gold, probably a plate or gold filled. Offer what you want but I would keep it under $5 if it has a copy stamp in it. They were selling a lot of those on late night TV a few years back as a $19.95 special talking about how beautiful the coin was and how it was real 24k gold clad and they said clad quietly under there voices.
Dont offer much if you want it, otherwise pass, passing on anything is always the safe way
 
cyberdan said:
She also had one of these.


It was proof quality, but in tiny words on the back I could see COPY >:(
What should I offer for this?


As I was reading your post and looking at that picture, I thought you were going to say she had a high relief St. Gaudens for you to buy. They are worth alot of $$$ for circulation strikes, but if you had one of those as a proof, you could retire. Too bad it is a copy.


Jim
 
Bummer Cyberdan on that damn copy... but that is a '58C is a beauty and best of luck with that cache of coins that the teller has :) , Ed
 
jim4silver said:
They are worth alot of $$$ for circulation strikes, but if you had one of those as a proof, you could retire. Too bad it is a copy.
It was a nice looking coin, very high quality. But, didn't even need my glasses to see COPY on the back. I may offer a few bucks for it.

I just can't wait to see what kind of silver she has. She just says she has a lot. ;D
 
Awesome cdn dollar to find! I see those for $10+ at shows.

Good luck buying the silver. I recently bought silver from someone I met at the coin counter and got some good stuff relatively cheap.

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom