Curious as to why they were hunting in standard mode, maybe I should give it a spin...nah, I like pro mode.
Also thought they would be rocking the Garrett Carrot with the new season, I know dealers here on Tnet that can hook them up.
What about wheatie, zincoln, happy dance, bling, tot lot, etc...those could be considered ridiculous by some people too...do those terms annoy you?This is the main reason why I watch. Their antics can be over-the-top, but they have to liven up the show for TV audiences. The only thing that annoys me is their "Diggers Dictionary". Roundness in the hole, Cologne, Civ, Juice, Nectar, etc. I've never spoke this dialect nor have I heard anyone else use such terms. It frankly is ridiculous how they continuously throw about the terms.
They have done several detecting shows the way you think they should be done...where are they now?...Diggers is still standing because those guys are liked by so many.The only problem with the show is that these guys get so excited that it just appears fake and they are annoying. Its a cool idea for a show and could be as good as american pickers if the guys were likeable.
I use standard mode when Im hunting sports fields, play grounds and fresh water lakes...I use pro mode when Im hunting old places where I think stuff like silver coins might be deep.Curious as to why they were hunting in standard mode, maybe I should give it a spin...nah, I like pro mode.
Also thought they would be rocking the Garrett Carrot with the new season, I know dealers here on Tnet that can hook them up.
Yeah, Ive been behind them from the very beginning...I always say I don't like the show, I love it...but then again, my wife says she learned years ago that I will never grow up...me and my friends have one hell of a sense of humor.Good stuff.
I love watching these guys and don't give a damn about anyone who doesn't honestly
What about wheatie, zincoln, happy dance, bling, tot lot, etc...those could be considered ridiculous by some people too...do those terms annoy you?
I did too until I started finding gold and silver...then I felt foolish for feeling foolish.I always felt foolish standing in a playground with my detector.

Sooo, your terms are ok because coin collectors know what they mean...interesting.No why would slang terms that transcend multiple niche communities annoy me? I would say they are more accepted among those that do not detect. For example, I could be conversing with a coin collector who knows nothing about detecting and they would still understand what I'm talking about. i.e. "I was searching a tot lot while finding a bunch of crusty zincolns when out pops a 1909 S VDB wheatie. I jumped up and did a happy dance." On the other hand, "Searching a tot lot, I realized I was in a Nectar Secter", just sounds perverted.
I did too until I started finding gold and silver...then I felt foolish for feeling foolish.![]()
Looking for recent drops, at the beach or anywhere else, I always feel like a vulture...I embrace it and have no problem with it.I already know I can go find gold and silver in a playground but you just won't see me doing it... That's just me I don't really like feeling like I'm only a few hours behind some child or mother like a vulture circling in the sky lol