Diggers Show

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Yes The battle could have happened over the whole county & surrounding counties.
But if you or anyone suggests it should all be held sacred, & Not detected,
I'd disagree, unless you or they could produce a deed that covers it all :laughing7:

I am not saying the whole area should be off linits. I meant what i said at i would think that there was fighting everywhere not just limited to the so called battlefield.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not saying the whole area should be off linits. I meant what i said at i would think that there was fighting everywhere not just limited to the so called battlefield.

:icon_thumright: Yes the confederates actually marched to Carlisle & if I'm not mistaken, took it over.

Not sure how close to the Susquehanna they reached, but the North had troops
along the susquee across from Harrisburg as the belief was they would try to take Harrisburg.

There are Plenty of civil war battle sites in PA,
and I'm sure a few unknown small Skirmishes took place. Maybe even one or 2 east of the Susquehanna
by small bands :dontknow:
but Camp Hill is said to be the Farest north
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirmish_of_Sporting_Hill

I could never get myself to care about the civil war enough to research it fully though. Not close enough to me, & the friench & Indian war was all around me,
so that's more My thing

Last edited:

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this may be a little off course from the last few posts but it seems their lingo may have spiced up things for me and my wife. I mean when I start talking about "nectar sector", "roundness in the hole", "sweet juice" etc she gets the impression I am making passes at her when I'm really thinking and talking about MDing. Works out great for both of us, just as long as she doesn't ask for "tweezable G" or tries to figure out my "potential value" I'm good with it.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this may be a little off course from the last few posts but it seems their lingo may have spiced up things for me and my wife. I mean when I start talking about "nectar sector", "roundness in the hole", "sweet juice" etc she gets the impression I am making passes at her when I'm really thinking and talking about MDing. Works out great for both of us, just as long as she doesn't ask for "tweezable G" or tries to figure out my "potential value" I'm good with it.

Ewwwww! I'd rather be metal detecting! Lol

WoofWoof

Greenie
Apr 28, 2012
Gettysburg
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT Pro, Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there's an hour I won't get back. Sounds like they read from the same script as Pawn Stars, American Restoration and American Pickers. I'm sure it would be interesting if not for the overacting drama.

Toadady

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if you were doing anything important anyways, besides the downhill wagon ride was funny.

Arrowheadhunter

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member and have seen several episodes but I didn't buy my new Ace 350 because of the show or am I a fan of the show. Dang that's a big run on sentence. I already hunt deer and other wildlife, arrowheads and shed antlers. I live in kentucky and the fish and wildlife just bought 2500 acres for public access at my doorstep. The land has several very old homesteads on it and my friend saw a guy metal detecting about two weeks ago. That was my bug in the ear. I goggled metal detecting websites and here I am. Like I said not a fan of the show to dramatic for me. Two episodes of the turtle man were filmed down the road from me and both were totally staged and fake. I hate reality tv for that reason. Diggers may be totally real but I have some doubts when they pull already clean coins for the first look. I may not find the mother load like some newbies think they will but I'm already seasoned in other hobbies of putting in the work.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member and have seen several episodes but I didn't buy my new Ace 350 because of the show or am I a fan of the show. Dang that's a big run on sentence. I already hunt deer and other wildlife, arrowheads and shed antlers. I live in kentucky and the fish and wildlife just bought 2500 acres for public access at my doorstep. The land has several very old homesteads on it and my friend saw a guy metal detecting about two weeks ago. That was my bug in the ear. I goggled metal detecting websites and here I am. Like I said not a fan of the show to dramatic for me. Two episodes of the turtle man were filmed down the road from me and both were totally staged and fake. I hate reality tv for that reason. Diggers may be totally real but I have some doubts when they pull already clean coins for the first look. I may not find the mother load like some newbies think they will but I'm already seasoned in other hobbies of putting in the work.

Arrowhead hunter,I have been detecting sometime now,have put my input about this show and have been scolded for it as well! I as well wonder if they are digging up staged items as well,but I can tell you old silver will come out of the ground looking like it hasn't been there long,silver will come out clean most if the time,indianheads are usually green,wheats will stay the copper look,and new pennies come out corroded a lot of times. Old bullets will come out almost white depending the part of the country,welcome to the hobby of detecting,those old foundations that you have are definitely places you want to hunt,the Garrett ace 350 will produce good targets ( not nector) but you donee dot hunt slower with the ace 350 because the response time is rather slow, so swing your coil slow,and dig everything at first,you will discover with some time what targets you want to dig,pay attention to your readings when you go over brass casings and shotgun shells because I am sure you will find a lot of those.good luck and HH ( happy hunting) max

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the Hatfields and McCoys episode of Diggers not Savage, that I recorded yesterday. I like the fact that once they located the spot of the original house they had the owner call in the real Archaeological folks and then at the end they actually were called by the Archaeological team and thanked for the find. Unlike the Savage show where they would have dug the whole site and the sold all the finds. So in a way Diggers on Nat Geo is not hurting us and it may be actually helping us.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the show should be in jive

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Savage should go back to wrestling! His entire approach to MD'ing is based on pure greed which doesn't help the image of MD'ing, especially if you are the type of hunter that goes door to door to get permission to hunt.After suffering through one episode of his show, it does make me really appreciate the Diggers boys even more.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Savage should go back to wrestling! His entire approach to MD'ing is based on pure greed which doesn't help the image of MD'ing, especially if you are the type of hunter that goes door to door to get permission to hunt.After suffering through one episode of his show, it does make me really appreciate the Diggers boys even more.

Yeah same here,I can tolerate diggers a lot more after watching savage! So I guess I have to eat my words from following post!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how gay
is the the diggers show...just because there garret dealers doesn't mean they have to use that detector
there just being gay
just think if they use a real detector what they would find
but them being gay
would still rune a good thing
how gay is that
to me that's pretty gay

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how gay
is the the diggers show...just because there garret dealers doesn't mean they have to use that detector
there just being gay
but them being gay
how gay is that
to me that's pretty gay
Try one of them Garrett ATs and you will throw those "real detectors" in the garbage.

'

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how gay
there just being gay
but them being gay
how gay is that
to me that's pretty gay

How 8th grade'ish can a comment be?

warning1.gif

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How 8th grade'ish can a comment be?

warning1.gif

I think that was his point. The actors on the show act like children, the post was made like a child. Some people have no problem with childish behavior on the show and condem anyone who doesn't like it as being a grumpy old man.

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was his point. The actors on the show act like children, the post was made like a child. Some people have no problem with childish behavior on the show and condem anyone who doesn't like it as being a grumpy old man.

Ok I have a question,now I have been detecting a few years,I have detected on the east coast,Midwest,west,and north,from ny,to calf,az pa mo nc wv va oh ok New Mexico,you get the point,I have also Used many detectors,Garrett fisher whites minelab ect,including most of the specialty detectors,my question is,each part of the country I have hunted in it took different detectors to detect certain grounds,example,a Garrett excluding the scorpion did not perform well in Arizona,whites seem to do well in ca,and nc,fisher goldbugs and gold bug2 were better in the west,minelab was alway my silver seeker,tesoro worked well in good ground conditions with the exception of lobo was better in harsher grounds,so how can one detector like the at pro work all over the country like the 2 use on diggers,I have used a at pro,and they do work,(for certain things in different areas) I just think they are sending false messages that one machine can do it all everywhere! Just my thoughts

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I like the show. Its entertainment. My biggest gripe is the overlay of beeps from the detectors. They dont match the swipes and when nothing is there and they are just swiping they put in high pitched beeps every 1.5 seconds. The consistancy of the beeps is unreal. Its a little thing but it drives me crazy. As far as the actors, they are real hobbyists who caught a great break. They have been making videos for years and love the hobby. The seem like decent dorks to me. I am also a dork.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread