Discussion Regarding Avatars

S

stefen

The range of avatars on the Treasure Net site is fantastic...some are very clever and inventive while others are downright annoying...

The reasons why a member has chosen his respective avatar are broad and worthy of discussion...

I firmly believe that many avatars represent the ego or personality of the individual? ...It's a personal logo...A mug shot...A relic...A coin...whatever...!

For instance does this logo represent a person who is aggressive...caffeine overdosed...living on the edge...or simply enthusiastic...? Or could be making a statement...this is who I am!

Why did you chose your tag...your avatar, that is?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine shows me showing the map (x marks the spot!) to the treasure...(it was either this one, or one of me knocking my head against the wall!)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The response to my avatar is usually, "What the heck is that thing?"

It's the nib (point) of a fountain pen. I chose it because I'm an editor, and even in these high-tech times editors still sling a fair amount of ink.

Yeah, I know it's a little old fashioned... okay, more than a little... but then, so am I! :wink: :coffee2:

OP
OP
S

stefen

I chose a picture of my classic Porsche to be my ego-logo...

At the time I built my profile, I had a classic MG-TC that I could have used, but preferred the back-porch...sold the MG to a buyer in up-state NY...

Sometime in the future, I may change to this picture of a carousel horse that I carved which sits in my residential courtyard...or maybe a Hobo Indian Nickel from my collection...

Do these reflect my personality or ego...definitely

Attachments

• DERBY MAN.jpg
    DERBY MAN.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,158
  • BACK PORCH 356.jpg
    BACK PORCH 356.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 1947 MGTC.jpg
    1947 MGTC.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 100_0114.jpg
    100_0114.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,251
  • DERBY MAN.jpg
    DERBY MAN.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,158

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Often wondered the same thing and sort of leaned towards a personality connection. My avatar is simply all I could think of when I joined-found in my yard. Was going to post my Triumph TR6 but didn't have a decent picture.
PBK-always wondered what the heck that was but now makes perfect sense!!
Stefen-yours always caught my eye-beautiful car!! That horse is awesome. How long did it take to carve?
Rando-wondered about yours too-thanks for clearing up.
ESC-looks like a disaster. Hope no one was hurt.
Marc-still looking for that X!!!

K

Kentucky Kache

stefen said:
For instance does this logo represent a person who is aggressive...caffeine overdosed...living on the edge...or simply enthusiastic...? Or could be making a statement...this is who I am!

Why did you chose your tag...your avatar, that is? Let's refrain from negativity...

If you hadn't cautioned against negativity, I would have sworn you were being negative against that poor little squirrel. And what's this about caffeine overdosed? Hey, we're people too. :tongue11:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I get bored easily so I change mine from time to time. I like to think of myself as having a good sense of humor so I usually try to come up with something funny, like my current "smiley in a microwave". I have only had one that anyone complained about...it crawls around when it's set as an avatar.

Attachments

• spider (WinCE).gif
    spider (WinCE).gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,153

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Never Forget!

I choose a picture of my favorite shirt my daughter gave me! :icon_thumleft:

Cachefinder-

OP
OP
S

stefen

savant365 said:
I get bored easily so I change mine from time to time. I like to think of myself as having a good sense of humor so I usually try to come up with something funny, like my current "smiley in a microwave". I have only had one that anyone complained about...it crawls around when it's set as an avatar.

I'm surprised that someone had the hutspa to be critical of your darling cuddly spider :laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
stefen said:
savant365 said:

I'm surprised that someone had the hutspa to be critical of your darling cuddly spider :laughing7:

I know, some people...Geesh.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
favorite; most valuable find

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just using a pic of my fugly mug standin next to my bike until X-Terra 70 Treasure Hunter
made me the one I have posted now.

Attachments

• 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 200784192125.jpg
    200784192125.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,146

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
The response to my avatar is usually, "What the heck is that thing?"

It's the nib (point) of a fountain pen. I chose it because I'm an editor, and even in these high-tech times editors still sling a fair amount of ink.

Yeah, I know it's a little old fashioned... okay, more than a little... but then, so am I! :wink: :coffee2:

PBK what kind of books are you an editor for?

I have had a few say my avitars are "too busy", but thats just me....

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Treasure_Hunter said:
PBK what kind of books are you an editor for?

Although I've edited a few books (nonfiction, various topics), I work mainly as a editorial consultant on magazine articles, columns, ads, etc. Sorry that I can't be more specific, but confidentiality is part of the package.

Basically, an editor is someone who identifies other people's mistakes and replaces them with his own! ::)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think The Simpsons is possibly the most cleverly written program on TV. Most everyone in it is seriously flawed in some manner. But old man Burns is my favorite. One of my subordinates when I managed Code Enforcement for the City of Tulsa was a serious butt kisser and I got to calling him Smithers for obvious reasons. He didn't get it and proceeded to call me Mr. Burns. It just stuck I guess? Monty

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I like to change mine from time to time, as I get tired of one thing after a spell, and want something new. My Avatar represents my mind set of this period in time. When I get a new hobby I like to represent it with what I use, or like most.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Its a bicycle I built that can carry a large Ice Chest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions