Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:Let me be perfectly clear about something, I am not talking about the mission in the above statement,
Joe wanted to know if I was talking about the mission, no , it has nothing to do with it. thank you. np:cat:
there are several people that troll here for a couple of well organized groups. these people have their own agenda,these groups stop at
nothing to achieve their goals, which is information. any way, I received my apology's that I was seeking from these few, and now im satisfied and can move on,i am sorry
some thought it was about the mission , but, bringing back the mission or ruins for discussion is very productive, thank you. NP:cat::cat::cat:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome everyone. Have some :coffee2:
Several of the things I always found curious about the "Dios Rock" was how much info it contained.
It sat on the small hill next to the mission or ruins site. It was set in a way to line up with the location of the water source.
Like a map, once at the water source, you could retrieve your water just like a well.
But if you climbed into it there were cut out shelves. Some below the water level.
Was this the hiding place for gold and silver from mining operations and/or church treasures?

Also missions were run just like businesses today. They would have their open and closed signs.
Rocks like the "Dios Rock" were used to relay messages for whatever Spanish or Padres would pass that way.
The "Dios Rock" indicated an operating mission, open, occupied.
So therefore, since the message was not changed, it tells me that the occupants were killed or run off.
And at the water source, was it the location for some gold and silver and/or church treasures found in this area?
img178.jpg
np:cat:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
there are several people that troll here for a couple of well organized groups. these people have their own agenda,these groups stop at
nothing to achieve their goals, which is information. any way, I received my apology's that I was seeking from these few, and now im satisfied and can move on,i am sorry
some thought it was about the mission , but, bringing back the mission or ruins for discussion is very productive, thank you. NP:cat::cat::cat:

Not Peralta have some coffee - and you lost me there - trolling, being done for "well organized groups"? These groups stop at nothing? Can you enlighten me on this? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco. Good day for:coffee2: ,use to before they had forums you had to be careful of people in treasure hunting wanting to become your friend, they would make it a point to know everything you were doing, and what research you have done, and what you have found. they were letting you do all the work. these people are still around, but, stealthier than ever, some sell the info that people gather, for really serious treasure hunters and researchers working on sites it can be a real problem, you could do years of research only to have someone steal your prize overnight, or discredit you over greed. there are well organized groups functioning all over the world that will do anything to steal your info on treasure, this I think you get the picture, you have to weed these people out and recognize them for who they are, most people will never know they are being trolled or don't care. enough said. NP:cat:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Oroblanco. Good day for:coffee2: ,use to before they had forums you had to be careful of people in treasure hunting wanting to become your friend, they would make it a point to know everything you were doing, and what research you have done, and what you have found. they were letting you do all the work. these people are still around, but, stealthier than ever, some sell the info that people gather, for really serious treasure hunters and researchers working on sites it can be a real problem, you could do years of research only to have someone steal your prize overnight, or discredit you over greed. there are well organized groups functioning all over the world that will do anything to steal your info on treasure, this I think you get the picture, you have to weed these people out and recognize them for who they are, most people will never know they are being trolled or don't care. enough said. NP:cat:

Thanks - I am aware of such data 'theft' going on in some other <unrelated> topics, have had a hard won piece of information stolen and later turned up on TV (without so much as a thank you with the proverbial smile in return) myself, just did not think there were any such characters involved with this topic, the Stone Tablets.
Roy

More coffee!
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco, Amigo. every topic related with treasure. especially ones thought to be big cache's. NP:cat:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Weather there was a mission in the Supers or not' The photo and the origins of the photo posted was known all along and intended to deceive. Now you can call it what you will a fraud, deceitful and where I'm from a good old fashion HORNSWAGGLE!

So this Buds for you Hornswaggling mission guy!

Or we could all talk about if you think Julia was Hot or Not.

Wrmickel1

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the whole series of Doc's from research into a lost mission with a mission of Mining Gold.

I've done just about as much research in the Catalina's and the Iron Door Mine as you researchers here have done with the Lost Dutchman mine and old Jacob. Notice some of the treasure sites listed in his papers around and in Tucson. I have a lot more of these Once I found these lost papers at the museum I spent about twenty bucks in dimes copying all of them this is just a few.

View attachment 1158526 View attachment 1158532 View attachment 1158527

View attachment 1158528 View attachment 1158529

View attachment 1158530 View attachment 1158531
ditto, nice document find bill, np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of the things I always found curious about the "Dios Rock" was how much info it contained.
It sat on the small hill next to the mission or ruins site. It was set in a way to line up with the location of the water source.
Like a map, once at the water source, you could retrieve your water just like a well.
But if you climbed into it there were cut out shelves. Some below the water level.
Was this the hiding place for gold and silver from mining operations and/or church treasures?

Also missions were run just like businesses today. They would have their open and closed signs.
Rocks like the "Dios Rock" were used to relay messages for whatever Spanish or Padres would pass that way.
So therefore, since the message was not changed, it tells me that the occupants were killed or run off.
And at the water source, was it the location for some gold and silver and/or church treasures found in this area?
View attachment 1158879
there is also a concealed mine within 150 to 200 yards from the site, could this have something to do with the purple and black quartz that has been reported
to have been found here.? a lot of this property was fenced off for years. np:cat:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1158879

That's an interesting carving, but not necessarily "Spanish". Maybe it was made to "look" Spanish. Below is a similar carving in New Mexico (church symbol with a line leading to a node), but guess what? It appeared only about 20 years ago, carved by persons unknown next to a heart carving. Then, about ten years ago, both were removed, also by persons unknown. Go figure.

New cross north.JPG New heart.JPG

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
That's an interesting carving, but not necessarily "Spanish". Maybe it was made to "look" Spanish. Below is a similar carving in New Mexico (church symbol with a line leading to a node), but guess what? It appeared only about 20 years ago, carved by persons unknown next to a heart carving. Then, about ten years ago, both were removed, also by persons unknown. Go figure.

View attachment 1159377 View attachment 1159379

Good point Steve - in the Superstitions we have similar examples, at one time the sunburst/oro symbols in the range totaled exactly two, thirty years later there were eighteen of them. Even treasure writers got into the act, Barry Storm was seen by other prospectors carving fake "Spanish" treasure symbols that he later included photos of in his book. It is often difficult to tell a carved stone inscription or symbol that is twenty years old, from one that is two hundred. Treasure hunters and bored cowboys have been making fake carvings for decades, perhaps a century or more, to fool other treasure hunters or simply something to do out of sheer boredom. Earlier treasure hunters have also been busily destroying genuine markers and signs they have found, and sometimes moving them, to keep the knowledge to themselves and mislead any competition.

:coffee2: :coffee: :Coffee2:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm only posting the photo. More than one person has been to this site. There was a foundation for something. I don't think it was a mission

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank,

Sorry, I just can't see the possibility of a mission anywhere in the area. Need to see some solid evidence.

Take care,

Joe

joe,have some:coffee2:, I am confused,:dontknow:you saying like solid evidence you have on the dutchmans lost mine.?:laughing7: np:cat:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone have some :coffee2:,When chasing lost mines or a treasure story around a mnt or group of mnts, even though most of the stories
will refer to the lost mine or treasure being in the mnt or mnts, a lot of the times they are not. focus your search on skirting the mnt or mnts
where ever you are when hunting for lost or forgotten mines. prospectors always had to have indicators, a reason for following color, especially
to its source,but,they would most always start by working the lower foot hills around a mnt or mnts,and a lot of times the source was around them
not in them.
treasure cache's depend on access,remember,the reason for access is they have every intention of coming back and recovering it, and they would
want to do that as fast as possible with out bringing a lot of attention to them selves. np:cat:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank,

Great Job!
Looks like the same construction the found at the old mission Ciru in the Catalina's.

Rocks stacked up with a mud mortar. The mud erodes first leaving only the rock foundation once time takes it's toll. Same thing happened with the Ciru Mission walls. Treasure Hunters destroyed all evidence of it's existence. Treasure Hunters also wrecked many other mission sites before they were restored. So most are gone now not to blame Treasure Hunters though. When Arizona was a young state they promoted Treasure Hunting trying to bring more people out here to live before air conditioning was invented.

Don Page was promoting it back then just for that purpose. It makes you wonder how many sites, treasure maps, finds, stories, were all fabrication's for Tourism?

Nice photo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread