Do you pack heat while CRH-ing?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I have been thinking about all the cash I carry around with me and all the coins that I haul back to the bank. My question is (and you dont have to comment, just vote) Do you pack heat while you are out and about? Lately, I am tempted to get my carry license and a nice little glock. Just never know when someone is going to attempt to relieve you of your CRHing cash.

Upvote 0
No need to pack heat with one of these

You ought to see the look on the teller's faces when I pull up in the drive thru lane. :laughing7: :laughing7: ::JP

Attachments

• personal crh wagon.jpg
    personal crh wagon.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 702
Better to be safe (and untouched) than sorry. Get the carry permit and your we-o-pon. Better check the laws in your state about concealed carry in banks. 8 years ago when I first got my permit, state law did not allow weapons carry into banks. Two months ago when I renewed (second renewal) the law has changed and it is now legal to carry concealled into a bank unless the bank has a sign forbidding it. Neither of my banks have such signs. But one does have signs forbidding wearing hats. That's because several of their branches have been robbed and the robbers were wearing hats pulled down low to hide their faces from the cameras. :laughing7:

Thought I'd add a little more. If you are not absolutely SURE that you can pull the trigger on someone, then DO NOT get a gun. Anyone who's thinking of doing concealled carry, had better get their mind straight on that one thing. A bad guy can see in your eyes if you're unsure and he'll take your gun away and use it on you. You must get your mind set first, before strapping on a gun.

Mr. Silvercop, I have the Kel-Tec P-11 I bought several years ago when they first came out. That little 9mm has a 10 shot clip and handles +P ammo. I load it out with +P hollow point that should take only one hit to change minds. I also bought the steel slide rod to replace the fiber one and the belt clip that allows me to clip it inside my pants at the belt. That clip comes with 2 steel pins that replace the fiber ones. That P-11 takes Smith & Wesson 5200 series clips with different capacities up to 30 rounds (the one for the Ruger camp rifle). I just have 2 of the 10 round ones cause gunfights don't last long enough for "war". Unless you're in the San Fernando Valley of California.

Or you could become a pig farmer and they will never have to find the body.

I do not carry yet. Have the equipment not the license.

Use em or lose em.

Cherryman how much does your State charge you for a 2nd Amendment permission slip? Very expensive in my State to excersise my God given Rights. I quit paying for them

All in all 140ish if I remember corectly. I hoping the supream court keeps going the way they are and over turn a lot of bans like they did in DC. My dream is they open texas up as an open carry state but require a cheap training course. Some people won't learn something unless you twist their arm. What good is a tool you don't know how to use?

I could buy a tractor tommorow but that does not make me a farmer. I would do more damage than good. Same rule applies to all firearms.

Lets not get to technical here. I don't remember how old I was the first time I shot a gun, I must have been very young. Years ago I knew old timers who could not read or write,signed their names with an X but were some serious shooters.

Rich,

That's my point the practiced practiced practiced. They didn't just buy a gun put it up and then depend on it to work when they needed it.

Sport and need made them use their tools over qand over again untill they knew how to use it and use it well.

Anyway end rant.

I agree that it sux having to pay a blackmail fee to the state for a carry license, but if you're caught carrying and don't have a license, your gun will be confiscated. THAT little deal can get very expensive very quickly. It is cheaper to pay the $125 dollars for a 5 year license (that's $25 dollars per year) than to loose a $300 to $600 handgun plus fines and fees AND lose the right to own a gun of anykind because carrying a concealed weapon, without that license, is a FELONY.

Having a carry permit in Mississippi means I can also carry in Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Alabama, and some other states by reciprocation agreements. I haven't checked the list recently, so not sure what all the states are now.

The way the states get away with requiring licenses is that it's legal for the states to add-to the federal law requirements, but they cannot take away from them. I found out how that goes when I was driving "big trucks".

guys....you can carry a full sized .45 or .357 while wearing ANYTHING including swim trunks.
a few years back at a gun show i talked to a vendor who was a former Secret Service Agent. he told me that its better to carry a large caliber gun than the smaller ones. if you shoot someone with a small caliber gun you may not put him down and he may still have time to retaliate, forcing you to empty the clip in him. with a large caliber its usually one and done. now here's the important part. when you go to court, (which you will, if not criminal then civil), and you claim self defense, what looks better, one shot to stop the attacker or you emptied the whole ten rounds in him? obviously one shot looks like you were defending yourself to stop an attacker but the whole clip looks like you were trying to kill him.
so the guy shows me the product which is really underwear and says it can hold 2 full sized caliber handguns. i ask him how they would work in slacks where the bulges would show. he just so happened to be wearing a suit without the jacket. without answering he pulls out a .357 AND a .45, both full sized, from his waist. then he asks me to put a pair on over my clothes and test it out. he hands me two life like replicas of a .357 and a .45 that weight the same as the real things and asks me to sit down. i didn't even feel the weight of the guns or have to adjust anything for comfort. when i sat they lay in your lap and show no bump or bulge or anything. they can be worn with jeans and even swim trunks. very comfortable and discreet. i got 2 pair and been using them ever since and noone has ever noticed i was carrying.
at first i thought it would be hard to get them out as there is no part of the gun showing, but they are quickly accessable with little practice.
here's a link
http://www.thunderwear.com/holsters.asp
best thing i ever bought :headbang:

AAAHHHH. Where's the eye bleach. Could of dont without that picture. lol. Do you really wear one? Have you ever gotten " Is that your 45 or are you just happy to see me?" ;D

That is a mightly fine way to lose your jewels. One accident and you will be an it.

Two very serious problems with that holster. First, it's for skinny people; not us "large-barges". Second, it won't work very good for beer drinkers--skinny or plus sizes because you'd have to get half way undressed to peeeeeeeeeee.

I would definitely carry one if I was in Patrick Earle's hood! :wink:

AAAHHHH. Where's the eye bleach. Could of dont without that picture. lol. Do you really wear one?
actually i can't see the website so i don't know what pic your looking at. the filter at work won't allow me to open the site.
[quoteHave you ever gotten " Is that your 45 or are you just happy to see me?" ][/quote]
yes, but i wasn't wearing the thunderwear ;D
First, it's for skinny people; not us "large-barges". Second, it won't work very good for beer drinkers-
i'm certainly not skinny, i got a beer gut and the only time i have any difficulty is trying to get it while sitting.

There has been a rash of Bank robberies lately. So I armed myself with a self inflating whoopie cushion which I tuck under my arm and an alka seltzer tablet.
If a bank robbery takes place while I'm in the bank I'll pop the alka selzer tablet into my mouth, drop to the ground,and start flip flopping on the floor like a fish out of water. The alka seltzer will make me foam at the mouth big time, just like I'm having a seizure. I'll activate the whoopie cushion to keep the robbers at bay. The robbers won't rob me because they will be afraid to catch whatever I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back