Do you trust your neighbor to own a sword?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have SERIOUS societal problems far worse than weapons.

Thatā€™s the real problem....why so many crazy wack jobs out there these days?

I mean put a hammer in someoneā€™s hand...they can either build a house or smash people. Who does that? Not me or anyone I know.

If we want to get into statistics...how many mass shootings were caused by people that were or had been taking ā€œmedicationā€ whoā€™s side effect is thoughts about harming themselves or others?!!! Mind altering drugs.

I know right? I build custom homes.. the tools I have are wicked dangerous!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh those trains! They are bad news... my poor ol Granny had 12 hens. They were minding their own business just pecking up a little gravel for the ol gizzard. Along comes a train. And toot toot chicken soup. No more yard eggs for me and Granny. Train violence. If they cant kill you they will take your chickens and starve Granny out. Violent, violent machines.

Oh... as far as the signs on the crossing... you can teach a turkey to read but not a chicken.

I think I heard this one... But wasn't it a "road" the chickens crossed ? ? ?

:P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trust my Neighbors to own anything they want .
If I see a Tank, or rocket launcher pull up, I'd definitively be curious enough to find out if it was purchased by someone here.
and Probably Laugh. But my only words would amount to me saying "Have Fun" :laughing7:

Confederate-battle_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif USA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duckshot:

A "gun-free zone?" Like the NRA National Convention, the Republican National Convention, and many Trump hotels?

I very much doubt anyone could have stood on the ground and shot up 30 stories to nail the killer. That would be a rare accomplishment by an expert sniper with an elephant gun.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

with out the guns people just use different means. Running people over, building bombs, stabbing people, throwing acid, and so on. heck there are more deaths in the USA by hands and feet every year than there are people killed with a long gun. Don't attack the means to a problem, attack the problem itself. Why are people killing each other is the thing to fix, not what object they are killing each other with,

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching from the sidelines...wondering if the ā€œbaitā€ from this thread will push it beyond the 27 pages the ā€œCovid baitā€ thread took it. We all have opinions but not all are are public!

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I heard this one... But wasn't it a "road" the chickens crossed ? ? ?

:P

You might be thinking of the disaster she had with her nanny goat. She tried to beat the train but it caught her back end and disasseder.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Everyone has a fundamental right to protect themselves. If they choose to carry a firearm to do so that is fine by me. Law abiding persons need no restrictions. The lawless will not abide by any restrictions so basically the entire debate is moot. With all the firearms and ammo already in circulation to pass some type of gun bill is like wiping your butt then sitting down to do your buisness.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh good gracious!!! This is NOT a political forum. Take it there if you gotta talk this stuff.

All I want to be is just be left alone.....

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you for the correction - yes, it was 1792. I wrote the wrong date from memory. Sometimes memory serves; sometimes it double-faults.

The Second Militia Act of 1792 did define a "well-regulated militia." That was the whole point. As you wrote - "the 2nd Militia Act of 1792 did specify how the militia was to be called to service, trained, and what the expectations were [of the members]."

But debating the history of the Second Amendment, or of the Constitution of the United States and how it replaced a weak Federal government established by the Articles of Confederation with a strong one misses the point.

Do we have a problem today? I would strongly argue we certainly do. The bloody numbers are as stark as they are depressing.

What are we going to do about it?

That's the issue that counts.

Claiming that other things are dangerous is a meaningless distraction - a sad way to avoid the sorry truth.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Are guns really the core of the problem? If somebody wants to kill you they could just as easily stab you to death, which interestingly enough happens more often then rifle shootings. Shouldn't knives be the focus?- poor aim, I guess.

Haven't heard of two many mass stabbing's. Even in country's where guns are prohibited. Personally I rather face of with a guy with a knife then a gun. You could always step back out of range. I'm ok with pro 2nd amendment rights. Not to crazy over BS arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time gun control laws are discussed gun sales go through the roof. :occasion14:

I have even been known to donate money to the NRA in the names of people I know who are anti gun, I have paid for NRA memberships for anti gunners. :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard of two many mass stabbing's. Even in country's where guns are prohibited. Personally I rather face of with a guy with a knife then a gun. You could always step back out of range. I'm ok with pro 2nd amendment rights. Not to crazy over BS arguments.

A dude ran a cop over with a car, killing that cop, then tried to stab another couple cops, just last week in District of Columbia. Capitol Hill iirc.

Toogle the FBI statistics and you will find many more stabbing murders than rifle murders. I'm not making this stuff up.

Why are the gun grabbers attacking the minority?

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
The only time I don't carry is when I go on a military post (Fort Sill, OK) where I work. I'm too old to fight or run. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread