DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You better be careful talking about snakes. Springfield began a very interesting thread discussing snakes and their symbology a couple years ago, focusing on snakes as treasure signs. The mods deleted the thread because some religious wacko objected to the subject matter. I think the wacko was affiliated with a sect that likes to play with snakes to prove the power of their beliefs. Ha ha.

That was a good thread, that I put a lot of research into. I think we stuck to the subject of the thread pretty good, so I don't know why it was deleted. I always thought Springfield had it deleted.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found a pair of womens heads like a Gemini sign facing a large shadow snake with a miner. Maybe snakes do mark something.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To All Amigo's and Amigo-ettes,:coffee2: If you are seriously treasure hunting in the caballo's or researching the Victorio Peak Treasure story , One of the very first things you should do is research how Ova Noss made a living after Doc died,and who the people were that started promoting VP as a treasure site ,and who started promoting for Investment Capital,and how they did it,:hello:NP:cat:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better be careful talking about snakes. Springfield began a very interesting thread discussing snakes and their symbology a couple years ago, focusing on snakes as treasure signs. The mods deleted the thread because some religious wacko objected to the subject matter. I think the wacko was affiliated with a sect that likes to play with snakes to prove the power of their beliefs. Ha ha.

I didn't have the intention to derail this thread into a religious discusion , but I wanted to explain only the meaning of the serpent from the lil map . In the lil map the serpent shows how what was carried out from the Sonora/Chihuaua regions belonged to the church and exactly to Jesuits/Franciscans ( both are written on the Tayopa map ) .

Now , to close the serpent chapter , in the treasure hunting the meaning of the serpent changes .
In the pre Spanish period when a serpent is carved near ( usually above ) a cave , this mean how the site is sacred and for sure is protected with various traps .
In the Spanish period , a snake or a Gila monster carved near a cave/mine , means how the site is protected with poison ( usually mercury vapors or arsenic ) and the direction which shows the snake to the cave ( up,down or straight ) , is the place where is located the poison and warning you to watch these places . Usually exist another carving 2-3 feet before the spot/trap .
These are valid and for the lightnings symbols which are various booby traps .

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Naaaaa, they just used imagery stuff that indicates an area underground like a den or womb. And snakes like to swallow stuff whole, it just means return to the womb. The womb /den of the earth is where mines and vaults are. They used math like compass bearings and distance measurements from these to the spots. If you don't have the map, you don't have the compass/distance codes.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to explain only the meaning of the serpent from the lil map . In the lil map the serpent shows how what was carried out from the Sonora/Chihuaua regions belonged to the church and exactly to Jesuits/Franciscans ( both are written on the Tayopa map ) .

That symbology is interesting. I believe that if we could explain exactly who Quetzalcoatl (aka Kulkulkan, et al), the "Feathered Serpent", was, then we might have a better idea who the gold "belonged to." Until somebody can provide a better pedigree for that map, I can't help but believe that it's some sort of Noss scam, based on popular rumors and Mexican history and treasure stories.

That said, the map's big brother that I mentioned earlier, while sharing similar aspects of the "lil map" (Caballo details in particular), also contains many more convincing details of very little-known things in New Mexico that certainly arouses one's curiosity. However, like all this treasure hoopla, a guy has to ask himself, "Why would an authentic treasure map of this magnitude ever find its way into the public domain so that the secrets of the ages become available to any of us hillbillies with a computer and a printer?"

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naaaaa, they just used imagery stuff that indicates an area underground like a den or womb. And snakes like to swallow stuff whole, it just means return to the womb. The womb /den of the earth is where mines and vaults are. They used math like compass bearings and distance measurements from these to the spots. If you don't have the map, you don't have the compass/distance codes.

Quinoa

You are right in the metaphorical meaning of the snake when is used like an intermediar symbol/sign .
But , I was talking about the snake symbol/sign ( which could be a petroglyph , a carving or a statue ) when is beside the mine/cave/tunnel .
In the lil map we don't need the distance measurements from the snake to the target because is described in the map . The map shows how one target ( almacen ) is in Caballos and another in a heart somewhere northwest from Caballos and north from Gila river .
I believe how in the Caballos somewhere southeast from the " pasar " , exist some symbols which lead to the almacen . I bet how are crosses which show the way with their orientation and the second last cross symbol has beside a carving of how the spot looks like and where is located in regards with the last cross symbol .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That symbology is interesting. I believe that if we could explain exactly who Quetzalcoatl (aka Kulkulkan, et al), the "Feathered Serpent", was, then we might have a better idea who the gold "belonged to." Until somebody can provide a better pedigree for that map, I can't help but believe that it's some sort of Noss scam, based on popular rumors and Mexican history and treasure stories.

That said, the map's big brother that I mentioned earlier, while sharing similar aspects of the "lil map" (Caballo details in particular), also contains many more convincing details of very little-known things in New Mexico that certainly arouses one's curiosity. However, like all this treasure hoopla, a guy has to ask himself, "Why would an authentic treasure map of this magnitude ever find its way into the public domain so that the secrets of the ages become available to any of us hillbillies with a computer and a printer?"

I see Don Jose answered to your last question and I believe how is the most logical answer .
Now , about the Quetzalcoatl ( Feathered Serpent ) , I would like to write my opinion .

χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

First , the feathered serpent was the basilisk , an
imaginary and legendary powerful big reptile/snake which was the king of the serpents/beasts . Also the basilisk as root name came from the ancient Greek and means " little king " .
I believe the Quetzalcoatl name was given first time to the archbishop/king of those Europeans who came into Calalus circa 700 AD. I believe how then the European's king has a sceptre with a basilisk . After strong battles the European's army won against native's ( Toltecs ) biggest army and maybe one day the chief of the natives asked the European's leader from where they derive a so big power and the European's leader showed his sceptre . Of course the European's ruler meant how their power is a result of their faith and their beliefs but the native's chief maybe saw that thing like a magical an supernatural divine . All the European's rulers who followed in Calalus and kept that sceptre were named by the natives Quetzalcoatl .
Since then ( and early ) to our days identical sceptres are holding only from the Christian church leaders . And... since then , the Aztec's archpriests and not others , were named Coatl .

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To All Amigo's and Amigo-ettes,:coffee2: If you are seriously treasure hunting in the caballo's or researching the Victorio Peak Treasure story , One of the very first things you should do is research how Ova Noss made a living after Doc died,and who the people were that started promoting VP as a treasure site ,and who started promoting for Investment Capital,and how they did it,:hello:NP:cat:

NP: This challenge is kinda what I and others have been trying to discuss with you. You have said "ask me anything, I will tell you". But when we ask you something specific, you come back with quotes like above, telling us to do research. We are coming to you hoping to gain knowledge from your years of treasure hunting so we can begin where you are leaving off and progress from there.
When you tell us to do our own research, it does not help us pick up where you are leaving off and go forward.
Why dont you just tell us what you are incinuating above? Is everything a fake from the Noss family, just say so and give us your proof. Tell us what Ova did to make a living. Playing piano? Tell us who is running scams for money??? Tell us what you think (if anything) is genuine treasure related? Help us learn from your life and your years of searching so we can begin where you are leaving off and move forward. If we spend the next ten years getting to where you already are, that does not move anyone forward to solving these mysteries.

PS: do you know Bonita Barlows?
Do you know GW Done??
Are you interested in moving forward from where these people left off?
If so, lets leave the past behind and figure out if any of this is real.
50/50

thanks
WR.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Don Jose answered to your last question and I believe how is the most logical answer .
Now , about the Quetzalcoatl ( Feathered Serpent ) , I would like to write my opinion .

View attachment 1333128

First , the feathered serpent was the basilisk , an
imaginary and legendary powerful big reptile/snake which was the king of the serpents/beasts . Also the basilisk as root name came from the ancient Greek and means " little king " .
I believe the Quetzalcoatl name was given first time to the archbishop/king of those Europeans who came into Calalus circa 700 AD. I believe how then the European's king has a sceptre with a basilisk . After strong battles the European's army won against native's ( Toltecs ) biggest army and maybe one day the chief of the natives asked the European's leader from where they derive a so big power and the European's leader showed his sceptre . Of course the European's ruler meant how their power is a result of their faith and their beliefs but the native's chief maybe saw that thing like a magical an supernatural divine . All the European's rulers who followed in Calalus and kept that sceptre were named by the natives Quetzalcoatl .
Since then ( and early ) to our days identical sceptres are holding only from the Christian church leaders . And... since then , the Aztec's archpriests and not others , were named Coatl .
Amigo,Marius :hello:Nice post.:coffee2::coffee2:np:cat:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks NP:
the top 4 maps are I believe of the Organ Mountains and made by Roger Snows father.
I will be spending time in the Organ mountains this winter following some of these signs (directed by Roger). However, about 95 percent of the Organ mountains are off limit because they are govt controlled, so I can only explore a very small portion of the mountains that these maps pertain to. I just want to see some of the spanish carved rocks etc to give encouragement that some of this stuff is real.

The bottom 3 are said to be from Noss???? but are soooooo vague as to be useless????? could be pointing to anywhere.

wr

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Peralta:
THANK YOU. As many times as I have been in Soledad Canyon this is the first REAL info that has helped me to I.D. the buildings and/or Boulders (stone) that I often wondered about while there. Tons of History here, but so little of the Big Picture because most of the area is Government controlled White Sands.
THANKS AGAIN

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quinoa

You are right in the metaphorical meaning of the snake when is used like an intermediar symbol/sign .
But , I was talking about the snake symbol/sign ( which could be a petroglyph , a carving or a statue ) when is beside the mine/cave/tunnel .
In the lil map we don't need the distance measurements from the snake to the target because is described in the map . The map shows how one target ( almacen ) is in Caballos and another in a heart somewhere northwest from Caballos and north from Gila river .
I believe how in the Caballos somewhere southeast from the " pasar " , exist some symbols which lead to the almacen . I bet how are crosses which show the way with their orientation and the second last cross symbol has beside a carving of how the spot looks like and where is located in regards with the last cross symbol .

Markmar is right imho. Also the snake represents rebirth or the circle of life. But I believe Markmar's explanation is useful information. I have seen examples of this.

Speaking about Victorio Peak and such. There was a source for Docs finds........some have been close to this source. But none have recovered any of it. The geology of the Caballos and south is that of many heavy metals have been mined. Mining goes on today. unfortunately tnet'ers have run off some of these miners who can show you the gold lol.

I think new technology may explain what happened 200 years ago and what is really there. I keep waiting for the educated ones as they dont want a guy like me looking for it lol.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CASCA, nice post, but I would add the three crosses on the East side probbably indicate three depositories..

Don Jose

I believe are the last three crosses symbols/signs ( the most important ) which lead you to the almacen . Usually the third last cross symbol is very close ( some feet ) with the second last cross , with the second last to be smaller and to belong to a carving like a picture which shows the position of the almacen in relation with the last cross ( which is the bigger one ) .
For example in this picture , the carving of the second last cross shows how the deposit/cave is in the middle of a hill NW from the last cross . And from my investigation this picture is accurate .

carving sketch.jpg

PS

I deleted the original picture and i post a similar sketch instead . For those who downloaded the original , please keep it only for personal use

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread