DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Here is a question for the more experienced guys here,
If I located a stash hidden in a cave, but the cave is on private property or a existing mining claim.
Is a treasure trove permit still needed or can I make a deal with the property owner or the owner of the mining claim.
I ask this question because if Im right about my location being connected to VP and other mines. It occurred to me that some stashes may be on private land .

I don't think mining claims give treasure/antiquities rights. I would hope a land owner owns everything on his own land, but consider those who start putting up a building and run into an archeological site.

Evidence of Dr. Oren Swearingens lies about My Dad " Harvey Snow is in this link
I set the record straight above .

Oren had no clue where the actual 1300 steps cavern was located .
The Man lied .

why did he lie ?

Who can be sure , it has to do with the way people think
and that is not an exact science as yet

Link of Oren's blatant lie

Just for the record and to familiarize readers to not take
all that is said by self deluded people as the gospel .

I quote Oren : " A BIG error is the lie told by Harvey Snow about the cave
with the 1300 steps "

Lie , for I know for a fact that Oren was not taken to the actual Cavern of
1300 steps .
His Guide as he said , was Claude a very close friend of my Dad's , and Claude
never in his life , ever knew where the cave was located exactly .

https://books.google.com/books?id=u7qkglM24OsC&pg=PT107&lpg=PT107&dq=harvey+snow%2Boren+swearingen&source=bl&ots=ncEERKBMDX&sig=sJnJXjTnJhmMEbEdI754SpMemcY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IPbLVL6gFtTpoATPioKoDQ&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=harvey%20snow%2Boren%20swearingen&f=false

Can't quit lying eh Rog?

You are saying that Claude Suddreth never knew the location of the cave? Then why are his initials carved in the interior? Maybe you can explain that little fact? There are about seven sets of initials carved into the cave wall. Your dad's is not one of them. I know the names of every person that entered the cave and left their initials. Claude was one. So was Oren AND his son. Your story reeks of BS Rog!

Mike

Gentlemen post by the rules!

Rog,

So, now you're saying that your dad's cave of steps is different from Claude Suddreth's Cave of Steps? HAHAHA Yeah, there's probably twenty or thirty caves with steps in them in the San Andres Mountains. Keep going. Your funny. None of the people that carved their initials in the upper section of that cave had any unwanted attention brought on them. I don't really care about that part though. Your description of the location is not even close. Like I said, I can walk right up to the cave entrance in the picture I posted. Problem is, getting into the San Andres Mountains. They are a Federal Wildlife Preserve, with no humans allowed (except by permits which are never issued), and also they are inside White Sands Missile Range, which after all the headaches they have had about VP, they won't be letting any treasure hunters out there any time soon.

Mike

hi Rog, want a second opinion?? Drink your coffee first. :coffee2::coffee2:

A bunch of the boys wre whooping it up in one of those Mexican cantinas (bars)

When along came Gully who paused, upon seeing all of those cars

He listened to he sounds of wild good cheer'

and entered on the chance of few free beer.

( opening lines to Gully and the search for Tayopa )

Last edited:
Rog: you said--->tomorrow we'll be back
with the same old show

#############################

Burlesque??? Girls ??? Beer ? Gypsy Rose Lee and her fan dance. Last that I saw of her was when I was elected honory Mayor of the Gayway at the San Francisco's worlds fair. sinff they would never let me watch being a 15 year old minor, but not with a minors thoughts, sigh? Just think 3 years later I found myself on Guadalcanal, no Yankee girlies there.

Now about Tayopas' gold bars at Victorio Peak and the Caballos ?????

(The Gayway was directly lit as part of the entertainment, but the other walkway areas were lit with hanging side lanterns. These were an eclectic mix of styles and sizes, ranging from 86 foot high cylinders of canvas coated with glyptol, to traditional Siamese umbrellas and 70 foot stucco walls studded with superheated mic)

How do you put a block a poster?
Go to settings upper right hand of forum, click on it then look on left side for "edit ignore list" and ad name there. It will not ignore quotes other members use though.

or you can always choose to adjust your personal perceptions concerning that which
you feel an urge to ignore , by simply knowing that " nothing Matters " so much , that you should
allow it to take power over you .

as in the poem

leave the issues to those who wish to control the uncontrollable .

Let The control freaks suffer the angst they create within themselves .

Has anybody ever explored the mountains 10 miles north of Victorio Peak. If so, and if you don't mind sharing, has anybody ever found any evidence of any junction of two or more trails. Maybe a north-south trail meeting an east-west trail. Older trails, Native American or early European explorers or traders. Maybe some large trail marker type monuments or petroglyphs.

Thanks

hey roger, glad to see you back , lets get some good conversation going, I have been out at three rivers area and capitan mnts the last couple of months so I have not been posting, np

Capitan Mnts. ?

did you find the stone steps going up the Mnt. on the North East End ?

heh heh
I had some jerk in Las cruces tell me his Dad took him to these steps
that are carved in the face of a cliff or bluff in the Capitan Mnt's

maybe it was his Mom that took him .

I looked passed and over his head , and Blurted : " Look ! An Angel descending "

He spun around , and asked where ?!

I laughed at him

he then asked , : " Whats aassssending mean ?

I just turned giggling and walked away .

funny people are killer in that area .

it's a natural formation
that is actually Squaw peak at the entrance to Bar Canyon ,

watch part 2 , and at exactly 30 seconds in , at the middle of the screen
you will see a shadow in a rock formation

The shadow looks like a man with his arms at rest to his sides .

That Shadow , is on of the shadow symbols painted on a map rock , a ways from there .

at the top of that formation , water pools up

and we used to pan gold there years ago .

I'll elaborate a bit on the two Soledad Canyon videos

First , in #2
Note at the end it shows a large rock collumn

that is Chimney Rock , if the Sun had been in position just right, you would be able to
make out carvings on the face of it that you are seeing in the Video .

To the right of Chimney Rock is The Pass into Soledad Canyon

This is the West end pass into Soledad

El Chato refers to this pass as : El Paso De Tascoti Endura ( translate to Hard Wood pass for the Oak Grove
in itr )

a Deligent seeker may still find some of the El Chato Bands loot in that pass, some has already
been recovered .

El Chato's directions into Soledad are from the east end of Soledad , and that East End pass
he refers to as : Paso de Tortugas ( Turtle Pass )

he so named it that for the Turtle monuments set in stone
and a natural formation that looks like the head of a Turtle .

The Terrain you see in the video , is very Rough , and in every direction the camera pans , we explored
those areas , Water being very important because of the Roughness and heat involved .

El Chato states to look for a Rock that is not of the area , brought there by mule
and set as a marker
That Rock is " The Horse of God " as it's twin in Rennes is referred to as .

from the rock formation , he guides you to climb the greater mountain , seeking a certain leveled off
site .

He gives the count for distance to travel .

Keep in mind , that once you reach a site he mentions , turn and walk back in the direction
you just came , counting out 100 varas and seek his next clue and dig it up .

He is guiding you through two passes , and up two canyons
keep that in mind as you read the text .

The three peaks at a distance where you turn into the Mountains upon first sight , is Tres Hermanas

The plain that " The end of which cannot be seen "
is not the plains of San Augustine , but the plains running north east toward Roswell and Artesia NM .

this google map link takes you dead center of Soledad , and visible in the photo
is the Horse of God Monument set up on the edge of the wash atop a rock formation .

south of it is the Fox Canyon Tortugas Monument on the opposite side of the wash .

Lots is in this photo , but to give you the location
so you may closely understand where in the mountains I am describing
this will suffice .

link to google map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...2!3m1!1s0x86de1ac745069869:0x636dd01df13f32bd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back