HistoryUnearthed

Jun 28, 2015
La Porte County, Indiana and SC Low-country part t
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from a trip to the SC low country for Thanksgiving and found this incredible button. Putting together some research on this one and will post more.

Definitely my best button found to date. front.JPGback.JPG

Found this info so far. Need to track down the single gilt back with 7 stars.

Chattams_Artillary.PNG

Information courtesy of: http://www.georgewashingtoninaugura...uttonsand-later-dateamerican-patriot-buttons/

Last edited:
Upvote 101
You definitely pulled it off with that one. The combination of historical, rare, value & condition.... and of course bragging rights! A button that will be hard to beat, but a good feeling having it in the bank and getting out there to try. It and the large coffee I just had makes me want my last shot at this Fall but the weather is not at all cooperating.

You've got my vote. Thanks for sharing!

"Dont Tread on Me" amazing find

Stellar find! I had to get off the mobile site and go to web side and vote BANNER congrats

Last edited:
You definitely pulled it off with that one. The combination of historical, rare, value & condition.... and of course bragging rights! A button that will be hard to beat, but a good feeling having it in the bank and getting out there to try. It and the large coffee I just had makes me want my last shot at this Fall but the weather is not at all cooperating.
What's the value?

What's the value?

I paid $325 for this one in 2010. But it is missing the shank and all the gilt. These buttons turn up pretty regularly in the Savannah Georgia area.

Last edited:
Simply stunning piece of history right there! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Great to see you earned your first Banner....
And boy, you sure did it with a crazy good find....
Congrats again!

great FIND!
Yours, then, may be even a more rare button variety, of the same outfit...! :icon_thumright:

Super find Congrats..Good Hunting all..

I paid $325 for this one in 2010. But it is missing the shank and all the gilt. These buttons turn up pretty regularly in the Savannah Georgia area.

Exactly. Have seen several come from Savannah. As a member of Chatham Artillary, Congratulations on your historical recovery!

GeoW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back