What's new

dowse these for gold deposits plz

youngdizzy

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a few flakes would love to knw if there is more

Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-12.webp



Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-03.webp

Thanks for your replies
 
second photo, house on left, upstairs bedroom, top dresser drawer....showing some small gold...chains maybe.
 
So there's no placer deposits anywhere
 
I will check your maps early next week….Art
 
Thanks art I would really appreciate that alot
 
I found no placer gold but I did find a small amount of float gold...To me float gold comes from an exposed gold vein and may have been working it’s way downhill for millions of years..I find the source is under 5 miles away...If you want to work hard send another map in the direction of the arrow...Art
attachment.webp
 
Screenshot_2013-12-18-06-43-27.webp

This is the whole area

Screenshot_2013-12-18-06-44-34.webp

This is the same area just a little closer once again thanks for all your help
 
I am finding a Quartz gold vein that may be big enough to mine....It looks like rusty rocks..there are some Specimens of gold nearby....Art
attachment3TOQ7SC1.webp
 
Thanks art I will got out tomorrow an do mre prospecting in that are im still a newbie in my eyes lol so the more info the better what should I be looking for besides rusty quartz cuz there's alot of it around that area should i crush some or just try to follow the float quartz bck to the vein and was there any hold in the creek thanks for all the info
 
Yes you may want to crush some of the Quartz....You can put it in big wash tub and cover it while hitting it with a sledge hammer...then get one of those metal fence post drivers and turn it to powder with a big bar...Pan it...mark where each sample came from...The main vein is just setting there while the weather washes it away...The gold will start at the vein and move downhill in an upside down V pattern. You may want to take samples at the tree line...dig a hole about every 10 feet...
 
Thanks for the info art when u said u say float gold was that in the creek or the hillside
 
When gold gets into a stream it becomes Placer gold...Until it reaches the water it is float..Art
 
Thanks for the great advice art im going out tomorrow for sure an I'll let you knw wat I find ince again thanks
 
Hello youngdizzy,In both pictures, dowsing revealed an attraction to gold in the areas of the green circles. The attractions on the state hwy at the creek may be small caches. In the creek placer pockets. The attractions further north near that bldg. structure may be possible gold pockets/sm coin cache.Thanks for posting your pictures.Jon
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-12dowsed.webp
    Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-12dowsed.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-03dowsed.webp
    Screenshot_2013-12-14-15-05-03dowsed.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 130
Thanks jon im going there today an I will definitely be looking at those areas to once again thanks for the help btw thats not a hwy its kinda a backroad off the highway
 
Art your were dead on no digging today lol but I followed the float quartz until it stopped

20131219_125538.webp

That was the last piece I saw and its buried do u think it could be the source.I bought a few sample rocks home to crush great staining busted one open an it was rust lines on the inside new to this is dat a good indicator thanks
 
I think what you are looking for is a small outcropping..... the weather starts to erode it....the pieces fall off....they usually work their way down into the soil.....Art
 
Well that was the last piece I saw u cant see it in the pic good but u can see where sum have been breaking off an its buried pretty good lol should I dig it out an try to follow it
 
Dig them all....The signs are that there is a pretty good sized Quartz out cropping...Art
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom