Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's be honest, we ain't finding as much AG as we were when this site was created. Back in 2005 a dream box was 100+ keepers. I'm proposin' that ifn' you find 50+ keepers in a box it is considered a dream box. Let's be real, prob only .01 % of this site has had a box with more than 50 keepers. It is still dream material. Who got my back on this one?

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
problems solutions,
dream boxes vary by the 12 districts and standards should be set up accordingly.

district 12 dream box = 10
district 3/2 dream box = 50+ but odds are timzim will get it before you
district #6 = 20 (The older population found in here will be mistaken, they frequently regard 1+ silver as a dream box as shown by many posts on da tnet)
distrct #11= 30-35 standard, but you risk getting a columbian necktie by the fierce "Panamanian Power", the notorious criminal orginization that is involved in money-laundering and silver collect'n, magician-half GPS tracking ect
district 7= slim pickens, not too much personal experiance but according to em's calc-u-lations, its 50
10,9,8,4 get the 30-35 standard.

problem #2 50 is tooo high for a dream box. lets face it, things are not even what they were 1 year ago, 30+ should be considered a dream box.

Like your other ideas, perhaps we should create a sub-forum for each district?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
you risk getting a columbian necktie by the fierce "Panamanian Power", the notorious criminal orginization that is involved in money-laundering and silver collect'n, magician-half GPS tracking ect

WHY are you so racist against Panamanians? I am not Panamanian, but still find your comments racist.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "dream box " is a solid box of uncirculated Walkers. Sorry, but that's my "dream". I know there's one out there somewhere. :cat:

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
WHY are you so racist against Panamanians? I am not Panamanian, but still find your comments racist.

dawg he isn't being racist it's a FACT. Once you get a balboa half you're bound to get a skunk streak of at least 12 boxes. happened to me after 5 times since if found 5ive balboas.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A dream box is determined by the eye of the coin holder, with that being said I believe a 50 coin find would be a dream box!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg he isn't being racist it's a FACT. Once you get a balboa half you're bound to get a skunk streak of at least 12 boxes. happened to me after 5 times since if found 5ive balboas.

Then why have I not gotten skunk streaks even though I have a lot of Panamanian coins?

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Back when the dream box standards were decided, you could sell all that silver and make about $150 off 100 keepers. Now, 50 keepers would get you more than that, and that is with a recent 50% decline in the price of AG. I couldn't care less if people want to redefine a dream box. It used to be a regular occurrence, but now it is truly something remarkable. No matter what anyone says, a box with keepers is a dream box to me at this point...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found all three of my dream boxes in TimZim's district, for what it's worth. Given that, and the fact I have about a dozen boxes over 50 keepers, I think 50 is way too low.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

First off some background:

Well, The Panamanian mafia started out as some sort of internet legend/myth, starting either here on Tnet or the Reddit CRH'n section OR that crappy competing CRH'n forum; wherein you get 1 Balboa (Panamanian unit of currency for those who aren't payin attention), and it served as a warning sign to other CRH'ers after silver during the silver value boom. Well, if you didn't, they would either wait for you at a bank and tell you to stop there and in some cases there would be magacian's halves with GPS units in them where they would follow the signal to the stash/home of the CRH/er who wouldn't give up. Well after that.... its the kind of tale that keeps one's up and night and I'd rather not continue writing.

Now, I was not trying to be, and I am not a racist toward the Panamanian people. Infact nearly all of them are honest-2-goodness people, if anything these comments are geared toward the thugs who happen to use their unit of currency as a warning signal. I simply like to add a little flair in keeping this urban legend alive, spice-up-the-vocabulary, and sometimes this unfortunately translates to a generalization of all Panamanians.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I generally cant bring myself to read anything that you or em write that is over 2 sentences, and this is not going to be an exception, so...down with Panama!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's be honest, we ain't finding as much AG as we were when this site was created. Back in 2005 a dream box was 100+ keepers. I'm proposin' that ifn' you find 50+ keepers in a box it is considered a dream box. Let's be real, prob only .01 % of this site has had a box with more than 50 keepers. It is still dream material. Who got my back on this one?

:unhappysmiley: Bad Idea! Lowering the standards only cheapens the achievment when the standards are met. Keep them as is. If you did a poll, I think the majority of the people wouldn't want to change them.

HH
Gary

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They're all buildin up into one 100-box-skunk streak

I don't live in District 12.

Unfortunately, those will become more common, balboa or no balboa. What about people that CRH balboas in Panama?

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, The Panamanian mafia started out as some sort of internet legend/myth, starting either here on Tnet or the Reddit CRH'n section OR that crappy competing CRH'n forum; wherein you get 1 Balboa (Panamanian unit of currency for those who aren't payin attention), and it served as a warning sign to other CRH'ers after silver during the silver value boom. Well, if you didn't, they would either wait for you at a bank and tell you to stop there and in some cases there would be magacian's halves with GPS units in them where they would follow the signal to the stash/home of the CRH/er who wouldn't give up. Well after that.... its the kind of tale that keeps one's up and night and I'd rather not continue writing.

Now, I was not trying to be, and I am not a racist toward the Panamanian people. Infact nearly all of them are honest-2-goodness people, if anything these comments are geared toward the thugs who happen to use their unit of currency as a warning signal. I simply like to add a little flair in keeping this urban legend alive, spice-up-the-vocabulary, and sometimes this unfortunately translates to a generalization of all Panamanians.

Can you offer any proof of the GPS magician's halves or share any person that has been harmed by a Balboa COIN (not the person)?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

holy moly, GPS trackers in magicians coins. I hadn't thought of that! looks like they're either getting opened or getting tossed back!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you offer any proof of the GPS magician's halves or share any person that has been harmed by a Balboa COIN (not the person)?

I can show you a few of the members who were from Texas, who have not logged in for years, and other members who've found Balboa's and stopped using their accounts.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can show you a few of the members who were from Texas, who have not logged in for years, and other members who've found Balboa's and stopped using their accounts.

lies-liar-pinocchio-animated-gif.gif

Remember, it is Puff Puff Pass, not Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff Puff <OUCH>..

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Many older people left due to different reasons, one of them being you and Eminem. There are only 2 CRHers from this forum that died (from what I know). Rich Hartford, and I think the other one was Silver Fox (I am sorry if you are alive Silver Fox and I confused you with someone else).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread