Goes4ever
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,949
- Reaction score
- 2,326
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NorthWest Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Today Mr Stuff (Dave) drove up to hunt with me, and wow....we both had a KILLER day!
We hunted sidewalk curb strips and a couple old houses. Our finds were just awesome today. He was kicking my butt on silver and I grumbled that I had not YET dug a silver coin yet today and the very next signal was a solid 12-45 at 4-5"...........I cut the plug and opened it up. I saw a silver dime, pulled it out of the hole and right away I saw it was a merc....cool. I yelled at Dave, "hey I finally got a silver!" then I looked at it and saw the 1916, and nervously flipped it over and saw the D.....instantly I started shaking. I am still in utter amazement, this is a once in a lifetime find. Thank God I did not scratch it.
It got rinsed very gingerly with water, and took it straight to the bank safety deposit box until I can send it in to be graded and slabbed.
Other than that the rest of my finds were awesome, I ended up getting a silver trifecta, 1946 rosie, the 1916D merc, and a 1905 barber dime.
3 injuns, bunch of wheats, best being a 1909. A good luck token, buffalo nickel, play coin. Lead soldier, and bunch of clad as well.
I am still amazed, I took dirty pictures of the 1916-D and rinsed pictures as well. I can't wait to send it in, any ideas what it will grade?
Mr. Stuff had an awesome silver day.....I think he got a double trifecta of silver dimes as well as a silver half. What a DREAM hunt! thanks to everyone for looking!!!!!
We hunted sidewalk curb strips and a couple old houses. Our finds were just awesome today. He was kicking my butt on silver and I grumbled that I had not YET dug a silver coin yet today and the very next signal was a solid 12-45 at 4-5"...........I cut the plug and opened it up. I saw a silver dime, pulled it out of the hole and right away I saw it was a merc....cool. I yelled at Dave, "hey I finally got a silver!" then I looked at it and saw the 1916, and nervously flipped it over and saw the D.....instantly I started shaking. I am still in utter amazement, this is a once in a lifetime find. Thank God I did not scratch it.
It got rinsed very gingerly with water, and took it straight to the bank safety deposit box until I can send it in to be graded and slabbed.
Other than that the rest of my finds were awesome, I ended up getting a silver trifecta, 1946 rosie, the 1916D merc, and a 1905 barber dime.
3 injuns, bunch of wheats, best being a 1909. A good luck token, buffalo nickel, play coin. Lead soldier, and bunch of clad as well.
I am still amazed, I took dirty pictures of the 1916-D and rinsed pictures as well. I can't wait to send it in, any ideas what it will grade?
Mr. Stuff had an awesome silver day.....I think he got a double trifecta of silver dimes as well as a silver half. What a DREAM hunt! thanks to everyone for looking!!!!!
Attachments
-
1916-D dirty.webp106.3 KB · Views: 7,000 -
1916-D.webp112.3 KB · Views: 6,617 -
1916-D-2.webp60.3 KB · Views: 6,723 -
8-27-11 dirty.webp92.7 KB · Views: 6,924 -
1916-D dirty.webp106.3 KB · Views: 6,691 -
1916-D-2.webp60.3 KB · Views: 6,493 -
1916-D.webp112.3 KB · Views: 6,512 -
8-27-11 trifecta.webp74.8 KB · Views: 6,539 -
8-27-11 3 injuns.webp70.8 KB · Views: 6,599 -
good luck token.webp45.2 KB · Views: 6,575 -
DSC01309.webp81 KB · Views: 6,629 -
8-27-11.webp97.8 KB · Views: 6,644
Upvote
12
, i was pretty exited and would not normally write that but it is what i wanted to say at the time. i will try to keep the stars off my posts for now 









