Dredging Food for thought.......

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are 3 videos that combined might just give some of you guys an idea or two..... the vids are a bit annoying but then again I am easily annoyed with most home made vids..... none the less there are some novel ideas here.
Have fun.....:tongue3:

Hey.... y'all are always trying to reinvent the wheel so I thought you guys would like this one .... think of the advantages, stealth dredging, very quiet. Now granted the battery is an issue.... It's friggen heavy... but maybe a smaller battery for shorter run times.
Anyway cmon let the juices flow... Lets see what ya got.....:laughing7:

Looks like it would be faster with a number 2 .....ya got to move material....name of the game. Period!

I agree with moving material but there may actually be an application....
Anyway like I said.... just something to toss around and think about..... Nobody has to do it...:dontknow:

Hey.... y'all are always trying to reinvent the wheel so I thought you guys would like this one .... think of the advantages, stealth dredging, very quiet. Now granted the battery is an issue.... It's friggen heavy... but maybe a smaller battery for shorter run times.
Anyway cmon let the juices flow... Lets see what ya got.....:laughing7:
how about a couple of motor cycle batteries in series? they come in various sizes.

In series would burn up the motor! you want all positives together and all negatives together to boost the amps and NOT the voltage. but im sure you just got it flipflopped!

Can we not run a pump with one of those fold out solar panel deals that are getting popular?

Solar panels tend to just create a trickle of a charge. Maybe have 2 batteries, one charging on panels and one running pumps. I think we would need some pretty big panels to get amps high enough to work.

Can we not run a pump with one of those fold out solar panel deals that are getting popular?

Solar panels tend to just create a trickle of a charge. Maybe have 2 batteries, one charging on panels and one running pumps. I think we would need some pretty big panels to get amps high enough to work.

Actually my buddy Chris from Houston runs not one but two mini highbankers at the same time off of a single folding solar panel setup so it can be done. Both of his pumps draw about 7 amps each.

Solar cells have come a long way in the last decade alone. I've even heard of a new glass that acts as a solar cell but it's a window! I'm still working on getting everything I need to add folding solar panels to my mining trailer for those extended field trips. When finished they'll supply 1.3 kW of juice to keep a bank of 6-8 deep cycle batteries charged up. Add an inverter or two and I'll be able to power just about anything in camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back