Agreed, Jeff. 'Course it's been so long since I was in a bumper car, I really don't remember when it happened.
On my 20th birthday, I picked up two friends about 7:30 p.m., drove 16 miles to the nearest place to buy booze. We bought 2 cases of beer and a pint of whiskey. They were a few years older than I. Later that night, I was driving down a 4-lane freeway, about 70 miles from home, saw red-lights flashing behind me. A few moments later, one of the guys with me, asked me what I was going to do. I looked out the driver side window. There were red lights flashing, and a cop motioning me to pull over. I pulled over, got out of the car. He asked me for my driver's license. While fumbling through my wallet to get it, I lost my balance and fell face forward. My hands hit on the toes of his shoes. This is actual truth. I'm not stretching it. He asked me how much I had been drinking. I laughed and said that I had one too many. He said that a car just like the one I was driving was stolen on the north side of town. (Don't know if that was true, or just an excuse to stop me.) I was not old enough to have a vehicle in my name or to be drinking alcohol. I had a note from my dad giving me permission to drive the car which was in his name. He made me let one of the other guys drive and told us to get out of town. After the guy drove about a half mile, I made him pull over and I got back under the wheel of the car. The cop was still following us! We were about a half mile from the turn off to get out of that town. He let us go. I'm not sure why I'm not still in jail because of my drunken stupidity!
I never drive even if I've had only a sip of beer, or anything alcoholic. I wouldn't be that lucky again!!