Dug up a pretty marble today..

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Yes! I like tx-t's suggestion! Post your best mibs in a group pic. Sounds like they are mainly Akro's, so that would be a nice pic.

Here is a group pic of some of my fave dump dugs to give you some inspiration.. These are all MK's. I don't find much else around here in the marble valley.

Attachments

• bestmibs.JPG
    bestmibs.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 366
OP
OP
M

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I've only found one MK that I know of..

..and I'm working on those pics. Problem seems to be I need to get the pics down to 512K. Am looking for the camera instruction booklet.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick way to scale down a pic is to open it in "paint", then click on the "image" tab, then click "stretch/skew". With the "Stretch and Skew" box open you can adjust the horizontal and vertical "stretch" %'s down to the size you need them to be. When you get to the desired size save it as a new file so that you retain your original. Also, under the "image" tab, you will find "attributes" which will show the size of your photo. Hope this helps.

edit for spelling

OP
OP
M

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Thank you mucho for that info..

It's important to me to be able to post pics here. Got so many projects I'm involved in I keep putting it off. Am working local dumps that the townsfolk have gone thru for twenty years. But all they did was scratch the surface then give up. I have excavated so many artifacts that the local museum has'nt got room to hold them. It's the antique marbles I love them the most for they illustrate color and design of the past. Tiny artworks frozen forever in the sands of time. Go into any museum and it's mostly black & white photos.

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
My favorite group of Akro. The small ones are 3/4" and the largest 1". The smaller ones are a line out of a set as are the 2- 7/8" ones. Bought a tin years ago in a shop that contained nothing but lines of 3/4" Akro of various types. All were in mint condition.

Attachments

• DSC05533c.JPG
    DSC05533c.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 316

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread