DUTCHMAN CLUES ONLY WITH RULES

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

One more time . The sketch is an adding to the clues which Walts said to Holmes . The clues say how the route is south from Second Water on Military trail . What you can't understand ? Have these clues any relation with your photo ?
The matter is who was more times than others in the Superstition ? If something don't match with your theory is wrong ?
Leave the hunters to follow the real clues . And for the hunters who don't know very well to read a map , the gap in the mountain drawing is the location of the mine .

Marius,

I appreciate your patience in explaining these things to me, but I don't believe a word of the Holmes account of Waltz's death and.......confession.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

I appreciate your patience in explaining these things to me, but I don't believe a word of the Holmes account of Waltz's death and.......confession.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

Is strange how you don't believe any clue of what could lead to the LDM , and also you are an organizator of an annual LDM hunters rendezvous .
If Waltz was a liar or too ill to explain the location of his mine , why the last three maps which he drew and gave to his friends , show the same location ?
I have explained these maps ( without the 3D sketch ) in the thread " Dutchman ore " started by Matthew Roberts .
Waltz before die , drew three maps and gave them to three different persons . Two of the maps are 2D ( Julia's and Dick's ) and one 3D which is an " alternative " Perfil map . In the 2D maps the location is pointed with a X , and in the 3d , the location/region is pointed with the gap .

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
, the gap in the mountain drawing is the location of the mine .

wow...so just search every square inch on the north side of weavers needle...I am overwhelmed...read maps? that's officer material.
markmar...weren't your people the ones who lost the city of troy to prehistory? took some german lunatic to find it for you?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Marius, as that old song goes "for every peak there must be a gap in the skyline. since the world began."
The question is which gap? multiple ones for each peak.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose

If match the sketch with the image which you can see from the Squaw Box Canyon looking south , maybe you can understand where is the region of the gap .
And to give little more details , is not a peak but a small valley between the peaks .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guten abend Herr Marius: I was pulling your leg, a Yankee tongue in cheek remark.. May I ask what are you using to identify this? and which version??

For best identification ask for an aerial 3/d photograph of the area that you have serious interest in. You will often find serious differences between them and google earth.

Regarding Jose de La Cholla, Joe, I believe that he can take you to almost any place in the superstitions step by step from memory alone..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
S

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Waltz drew that picture it was many years after his last trip into the mountains. He was not sitting down with an easel and colored charcoal doing his best artist $#!t. It was while he was in the process of dying. I doubt the picture was all that accurate. He was drawing from dim memories......at best.

Basically what I was thinking, we have no idea what he was explaining when he drew this from memory. Perhaps "This ridgeline looks like this from the mine, and when you climb directly above the mine you can see the Needle" Just speculation on my part. Of course the mine may have been found already but I did stumble into this one area that is worth investigating, hence my curiosity into the clues. Seems almost anywhere in the Superstitions is worth discussing and investigating, who knows the area I'm looking into could be relevant to a different "lost mine" since it appears clues from other stories have gotten mixed into the legend :dontknow:

After sixty-years of research and wearing out boot leather in the Supe's, I am only doing my best to save some time and effort for newbies

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Your opinions are always welcome, and I have never thought you would ever mislead any of us. Your always straight forward and willing to share your thoughts and knowledge, even when others don't agree with you, so don't let us young newbie upstarts dissuade you to much. I honestly wish that I could have walked some of those trails with you.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 898574

Some nice tiny quartz pockets with lots of that sparkly silverish and coppery mica junk.

That reminds me Somero - still working on the rock you gave me, just haven't had time to get it to the right person and she's really busy with work right now. Will get it done soon though

OP
OP
S

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries Cubfan, probably just a rock and not really worth the time. Although if there is a nugget in it, it's all yours.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hot water deposits are always interesting...even if they are not gold bearing...imo...

iron sulfides?

{ just checked out "quest for the dutchmans's gold"
Robert sikorsky}

some interesting photos of ed piper up on the front porch of 'apache jims sporting house'...lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it, this is a fair size plateau of it protruding through the dirt. Most of the formations had small quartz crystals mixed in, some had crystals about the size of a pinky nail. Geologically its an interesting area, layered up real nice with, I think, some faulting and vugs in different areas. (I'll admit, I'm not well learned in rocks)

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

As I have always stated, I don't know $#!t about rocks, but I believe certain types of gold ore have been found in chalcedony. Lot's of folks here do know their rocks, so maybe some of them can confirm or deny my belief.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
hot water deposits are always interesting...even if they are not gold bearing...imo...

iron sulfides?

{ just checked out "quest for the dutchmans's gold"
Robert sikorsky}

some interesting photos of ed piper up on the front porch of 'apache jims sporting house'...lol

I think I have an extra copy of Sikorsky's book. If I can find it, I would be happy to mail it to you. It's a good book to have in your collection.

Take care,

Joe

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gold is where you find it...

Gold Deposits - GeoConsult

"Gold deposits encompass a wide variety of geological environments. Depending on the deposit type (i.e. epithermal, mesothermal, porphyry-style, disseminated, BIF-hosted, IOCG, skarns, lode, etc.), they are associated with a wide-range of alteration assemblages. Secondary minerals, although specific to deposit type, greatly vary and include quartz or chalcedony, tourmaline, clay minerals, albite, adularia, orthoclase or microcline, carbonate (often ankerite), calc-silicates, specular hematite, sericite, chlorite, fuchsite, alunite, and many more…. ""

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
gold is where you find it...

Gold Deposits - GeoConsult

"Gold deposits encompass a wide variety of geological environments. Depending on the deposit type (i.e. epithermal, mesothermal, porphyry-style, disseminated, BIF-hosted, IOCG, skarns, lode, etc.), they are associated with a wide-range of alteration assemblages. Secondary minerals, although specific to deposit type, greatly vary and include quartz or chalcedony, tourmaline, clay minerals, albite, adularia, orthoclase or microcline, carbonate (often ankerite), calc-silicates, specular hematite, sericite, chlorite, fuchsite, alunite, and many more…. ""

Donald,

I believe epithermal may be the operative word here.

Thanks for the link,

Joe

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:thumbsup:
I kept looking up at the cliff above the don's camp...at that dike laid up through the original magma formation...that is the formation I believe the Dutchman will follow...that type of intrusion...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread