dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta say,
After reading back through this list of clues, that I can now recall deciding that a bunch of these needed to be tossed in the garbage. But which ones?
So I need to be honest with myself, that I am guilty of picking and choosing which clues I went by in my search for the ravine location. It is interesting the things we choose to dismiss, and why.
Everyone's final list that they decide to go by... they're probably all different.
I still find it very interesting that the ones I went by have led me to the ravine that they did. Is it the correct ravine? . . . . who knows.
hey dutch. keep believing until you can get there and see for yourself. don't quit. maybe you can see what others don't. maybe its there waiting for you..

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
hey dutch. keep believing until you can get there and see for yourself. don't quit. maybe you can see what others don't. maybe its there waiting for you..

Thanks dredgernaut,
Perhaps the only way to know what that ravine has and doesn't have, is for someone to go in and find out. If anyone has been there and really investigated it . . . I guess they are not ready to discuss it here, or maybe might not be alive anymore.

After coming across the Waltz Map, and recognizing the location as this ravine, I was first excited and then that drifted to being bummed out about it. That map still has me flustered. What if all of a sudden one of you happen to see LDM map that you have always dismissed, but now. . . all of a sudden you REALLY see it, and it reveals your secret spot, beyond any doubt. . . . That is where I am at. Perplexed.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks dredgernaut,
Perhaps the only way to know what that ravine has and doesn't have, is for someone to go in and find out. If anyone has been there and really investigated it . . . I guess they are not ready to discuss it here, or maybe might not be alive anymore.

After coming across the Waltz Map, and recognizing the location as this ravine, I was first excited and then that drifted to being bummed out about it. That map still has me flustered. What if all of a sudden one of you happen to see LDM map that you have always dismissed, but now. . . all of a sudden you REALLY see it, and it reveals your secret spot, beyond any doubt. . . . That is where I am at. Perplexed.

Perplexed. . . mainly because now it appears that if this is the LDM site, then it was found. The maker of the Waltz maps proves it (if that ravine is the LDM site) by making the map.
When was it found? I don't know if it was Chuck Aylor or the guy that filed the claim named "Finally" on this ravine back in the Mid 60's, or someone after him.

The hunt is definitely addictive. . . .isn't it?
Even if only from the sideline now, I think I'm still hooked.
Idaho Dutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It perplexed me enough to start this thread and share all my information with you guys.
Do I regret it yet? No I do not. I actually hope that some finds it in this ravine. My hunt would be validated and I might even end up with a chunk of LDM ore. . .although I doubt it. :)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe that the PSM's lead to the LDM...It is my personal belief that they lead to el tesoro de Santa Fe...I have this silly notion that the tesoro de Santa Fe is a real de minas that is Platinum bearing...But what do I know???lol

Ed T:)

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Partial post Quote by Dredgernaut - that's a lot of people saying a lot of clues , but waltz was the only person found gold, so those are clues to their personal suspicions then right. because they did not find his gold, nor are they all leading to the same spot most likely . like today , if we each gave a clue or 2 to a location we believe to be the spot. we would have a list of clues to different locations , and usually no measurable gold too show at any of them . even though we all think we found something. but those clues get put together over time and then the truths are lost.. I don't trust verbal clues , waltz did not write the list so I don't use it.. too much conjecture.

Dredgernaut,
The verbal clues attributed to Waltz were the main ones I focused on. The same clues that were written by someone else and not Waltz. They are most likely not perfect recitals of what was spoken. Some may be, but the point is, we don't know for sure, so there is some iffy-ness already built in before you even start hiking. I can not even tell you for sure that this list of clues hasn't been through more distortion as the list was put together. Maybe you guys know who put this convenient list together , but I don't.

Anyway,
I decided to see if I could at least locate a ravine that seemed to fit. If it fits really good, it might even be the LDM. Started marking locations on a topo map as much as possible, until I felt I had exhausted all the written material I could at that time. Some clues need presence on site to verify, so Then started hiking for verifications. 30+ years later I ended up at this ravine in 2008. (Edit: We collected samples to test for presence of gold at the bottom of this ravine, among other places, but the ravine was the main test. The samples from below the ravine had some gold. I have always figured I had time later. Didn't figure on it being with a lousy back. . . . That will teach you to go figure :)

Sometimes I really think I could make in there again and be ok. 5 minutes later I get up to go to the bathroom and struggle to go 10'. What can I say. . . I am still just an invincible teenager at heart.
Hearing your guy's stories help though.
Idaho Dutch

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
ya dave. i know what you meant. I was kidding. I heard it all also. most people know its a 50/50 split in the belief of the stones. and I am sorry for all the losses caused by them. but people can believe what they want. what you believe does not and should not supersede ones personal beliefs in the stones. my question is : if the stone maps are fake, the LDM clues are all embellished or fabricated outright, Then perhaps all treasure hunters should give up on the superstitions. Right ? because nothing of real value has been discovered in quite some time. And we are all dreamers. I think even if you believe in snipes and you go look for them . you do not stand a better chance at finding them; than if you get out there looking. you might just stumble across something else in your search. and you made it out into a beautiful and dangerous area. for some people the adventure of looking is almost enough. Or perhaps you can give me some insight onto which map or clue is real and I will give it a chance. the facts can not be proven wrong or correct at this point. we should all enjoy our hunts where ever they are. keep your conviction in check, and hope for the best.. or stay home.. I.M.O. sorry this is not meant as an attack . i am just saying thanks for telling us all how we are all wasting our time... lol
what is it that AZDave hunts. does you have a secret map, go by clues, use a already known map. do you follow geology and prospect. what do you hunt i guess is what i am asking. thanks J
there is only a handful of clues that anyone searching for the ldm should pay attention to.....the cave with a house..the rock that looks like a man standing and the gunsight...reason being is they came from herman petrash...herman had a spewl that he told the tourists...and if you base your search on that you will be chasing your tail...as far as i know he only told the truth to one man..and that man passed the torch down to another man (he is still living last time i heard)...rhiney petrash and julia are the only reliable source as to what waltz said...rhiney told herman everything he knew...find the area herman was searching and you will be in the right area (not the area he sent everyone to)..as far as which map i use?...a usgs topo...lol..the rest are fakes intended to rope in investors...i dont waste my time in the supers...mostly because of health problems but even if i could hike i still wouldn't prospect in the supers...too many goodies outside the wilderness that you can claim if you find it ..(also as far as i'm concerned the ldm has been found)...i didn't take your post as an attack...carry on:headbang:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks dave. your the best!!!!
hey Dutch. im not doubting anything you say or believe. sorry for your physical ailments , wish I could get you there.. i physically struggle with my hunt as well. and it always seems like i need to crest 1 more rise. and then there hundreds more. i do think i will make it to the end of my hunt on my next trip though. once i get to the spot . its either over for me . or just getting good. trying to decide when to get back down there. holidays sure ruin treasure hunting. lol

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Dutch. im not doubting anything you say or believe. sorry for your physical ailments , wish I could get you there.. i physically struggle with my hunt as well. and it always seems like i need to crest 1 more rise. and then there hundreds more. i do think i will make it to the end of my hunt on my next trip though. once i get to the spot . its either over for me . or just getting good. trying to decide when to get back down there. holidays sure ruin treasure hunting. lol

Holidays are the best time for treasure hunting dreadgernaut...At least that is what I believe...Most people are snug in their homes and nobody wants to follow certain people into the hills...lol...I love heading into the hills during the holidays...hehehe

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello mr. ed
i have a 13 yr. old and 6 month old daughters. and a lovely wife. hard to leave during holidays. or I would already be on my way. lol.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other

Dredgernaut,
No worries :) I truly believe that things happen for a reason and even though it may not seem so at the time, are for the best. If it is meant for me to be back in there again, then it will happen. Just not going to hold my breath :dontknow:
In the same light, I think that the next time you go in, will take place exactly when it is supposed to. Just making the best of what is, is important.
I think it is good you will be sharing the holidays with your family, and I hope to see some more pics of the Long Dry Walk someday :hello2:

Stay safe,
Idaho

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
then you imagine a monster and its only a mouse. lol. I know it don't take much to get a guys mind wandering.. usually I just start crying real loud . lol . not really(or maybe)...

Dredgernaut, this is priceless!
If I could give it 10 likes, I would

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks dutch. I try to keep a fair sense of humor. nobody likes a jerk. and its a small tent , no where to hide. lol. a few more from the walk.
20191107_155825.jpg 20191108_145556.jpg 20191110_084256.jpg 20191110_154151.jpg

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing like holiday spam and beans ya'll...lol...

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
There is nothing like holiday spam and beans ya'll...lol...

Ed, Just curious. . Do you cook that, or just open and eat? Beans I've done , but not holiday spam :)

Looking forward to some Pear Pie myself. . . my mouth just stared watering :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol. spam got to love it. spam makes single serving packets , ready to eat, just a little vacuum sealed pouch . less volume and weight. easy to pack in. I always have a few with bbq sauce packets from a truck stop hot dog stand. lightly fry on camp stove. mmmmm. my stomach hurts just thinking about it. lol

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol. spam got to love it. spam makes single serving packets , ready to eat, just a little vacuum sealed pouch . less volume and weight. easy to pack in. I always have a few with bbq sauce packets from a truck stop hot dog stand. lightly fry on camp stove. mmmmm. my stomach hurts just thinking about it. lol

Dredgernaut knows the deal Idaho...A can of spam can last me two days with some beans on the side...I'm sure you have heard of beans and franks...You should try beans and spam...lol...Its not exactly Hawaiian bbq...But it is pretty good field food...I was introduced to this meal out at 29 Palms when I was in the corps...It is pretty good with ramen as well...

Ed T

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys have my curiosity going a little :)
I may have to check it out . . . . who know, may even be grateful :notworthy:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not say desirable, I would say digestible. lol. not too bad I guess, try it and see. l I even carry bread . fancy dinner on my trail is bbq spamwich with a breakfast cereal bar for desert. I eat peanut butter, sausage sticks and jerky regularly. and use powdered fruit flavor for my water. and any dry noodle that cooks fast. prepackaged food for backpacking is high dollar, with no calories and tastes bad. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter is same calories as 1 serving of trail food... with no cooking.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I used to prospect on a regular basis...Top ramen was 20 for a buck and I worked for a cannery that canned chef boyardee dennison chili ranch style beans and a few other canned goods...I used to pick up said canned goods on the cheap...lol...Those were the days...I wonder IF I will ever find anything as interesting as the stuff I found back then...

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread