E-trac for 700$ good deal or not

If you don't think it was a good deal then ill get you out from under it :dontknow: :laughing7:

You got a deal!

go to minelab website and download manual if you dont have one.if it was stored(for years?)with batteries in it you may not have scored.if it works...great deal.get new batts and watch some how to vids on youtube.has a bit of a learning curve...not a beginner machine but a classic good machine.

Its worth approx $900.00 in that condition depending on the pinpointer... Great for you! I'll give you $750.00 if you don't like it and it looks new condition :)... Happy for you!
I already have 1 but why not 2? lol

One is good 2 is better!!

Purchases a Etrac with a bag and pinpointer for 700, never been used. Was it a good deal? I'm not sure how to use it yet, tips would be helpful

That would only be a good deal, if the "pinpointer" you allude to is the sunray inline probe. If you meant a free-standing loose handheld pinpointer, then $700 was too much. There's lesser priced Etracs on the used market. But if it had the sunray, then yes: $700 is about right. Because the pinpointer ALONE can fetch $250 to $300.

That would only be a good deal, if the "pinpointer" you allude to is the sunray inline probe. If you meant a free-standing loose handheld pinpointer, then $700 was too much. There's lesser priced Etracs on the used market. But if it had the sunray, then yes: $700 is about right. Because the pinpointer ALONE can fetch $250 to $300.

I have an extra Etrac that I want to sell; thus, I have recently researched the market. Where are functional Etracs available below $700? They certainly don't sell for less than $700 on eBay.

Now where I am aware of. Most over value them to about 1100 with no warranty even left.

Etrac for less than $700? Where?

Well maybe I spoke out of turn. I know that II's, XS's, and SE's can often be had for $300 to $400-ish. If naked Etracs (without sunray probes) still for over $700, then that's news to me. Why do they command more than their predecessor's, like the II ? They're all essentially the same thing, with just a few whistles and bells introduced as the incarnations evolved. In fact, some people even prefer the II and the SE OVER the Etrac (d/t tone differences).

Anyhow, I just assumed that the Etrac fetched no more than the predecessors to it. Guess that's not the case.

In like new condition an etrac brings between $825 and $950 dollars... yes you can probably fined a beat up one in the $700 range...

$700 is below the average price of a used ETracs, check the forums classifieds and EBay..... Going Rate is about $800-$850...

Mine is up for sale in the classified forums here, with extras. Mine is newly rebuilt by Minelab, with 6 months warranty left. I figured mine at $900, and then with the extras I put the price at $1200. The extras were significant..

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444785952.360215.jpg

Here it is

Do you have the sunray in-line probe? If so , you got an even better killer deal.

Purchases a Etrac with a bag and pinpointer for 700, never been used. Was it a good deal? I'm not sure how to use it yet, tips would be helpful

Sounds like a steal to me..

No probe, just the excal, paperwork a few DVDs, average pinpointer, koss headphones , a couple trash pouches and a carry case

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back