Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been researching a site for quite a while and finally got access. To summarize, it is a early (1750) pre rev war site used by British and provincial troops to aid Cherokees and then used up through the Rev War.
My first trip up to scout it turned out better than expected as I dug 3 buttons, a fully intact shoe buckle (beautiful) musket balls and what I had Don Troiani confirm as an officer's waistbelt buckle.
Next trip was just as good with Greg Toney and I digging lots of period relics and then an absolutely, near perfect 1744 4 reale, another early shoe buckle (although broken but both halves found) and a great example of a rat tail pewter spoon. I have attached video of our hunt so you can see as it does a better job of telling story.

The buttons are few and all early and I expect them to be all unmarked as this site will probably be too early to have any numbered buttons.

Main campsite is about 400 feet away on another property we have yet to get permission on-working on that. I will post more pictures as I get the. Some nice iron, jack knifes have come out and they are in process of getting cleaned. Enjoy.

Russ Hebert

Attachments

• 20151212_121717.jpg
    20151212_121717.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 20151212_132109.jpg
    20151212_132109.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 20151218_100916.jpg
    20151218_100916.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 20151218_153028.jpg
    20151218_153028.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 20151218_114545.jpg
    20151218_114545.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 80

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the well-deserved banner. It video was long and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was like watching a great movie that you don't want to end. Good luck on your future trips to this site.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner!!
This was a no brainer. .

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An absolute stunning find, congrats on making the Banner look reale good.
ZDD

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
METTO , WOW NICE FINDS AND THE POSTS THAT ARE SHOWING UP ON TNET THIS WEEK ARE JUST AS GOOD TO VEIW AS RUDOLPH WITH THE LITTLEONES ....PRICELESS....

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To quote you, " It's a good day...". Wow! Understatement of the year! That 4 Reale brought tears to my eyes. What an incredible coin. I would have been in heaven with one of your buckles and a flat button! With finds like those, I don't think anyone could fault your buddy for losing his detector:tongue3:. I know the video camera will be there when you return, so I am anxiously awaiting the next video.

OP
OP
Palmetto

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To quote you, " It's a good day...". Wow! Understatement of the year! That 4 Reale brought tears to my eyes. What an incredible coin. I would have been in heaven with one of your buckles and a flat button! With finds like those, I don't think anyone could fault your buddy for losing his detector:tongue3:. I know the video camera will be there when you return, so I am anxiously awaiting the next video.

Thanks-you are right, that was probably a huge understatement. Hoping to head there again next week after holidays and really all this rain!

Russ

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your first Tnet BANNER Russ! :occasion14:

Dave

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Reale as well as the other relics! Lot's more to come from this site for sure!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Big Congratulations!have a feeling where gonna be seeing allot more from that site.-HH

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Belated congrats...great video, research, all around character and professionalism. Wonderful recoveries. Thanks for sharing it all!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saw this video yesterday. This is sick. Man how I'd love to find one of those. And the condition! :notworthy:

Whoa Jack. Makes our CW stuff look MODERN!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's heart attack material right there. The Spanish 4 Reale coin was the least common denomination in circulation back then, it was much more common to see the 8 and 2 Reales in circulation. This specimen is in such fine condition it must have been lost very shortly after it was minted. Simply stunning. :blackbeard:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard for me to find time to check posts right now, but I had to check out your video.... This site you are on is a relic hunter's dream! It's awesome you were able get some of the best finds on video. Your banner is well deserved - congrats!!!

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Russ the 4 reale is truly stunning and your site is a dream site for sure. I wish you guys more luck on opening up more territory there. I am impressed with the amount of study and scouting you put into the site to produce the finds to begin with! I think its like finding the needle in a haystack! :icon_thumleft:
Keith

OP
OP
Palmetto

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Russ the 4 reale is truly stunning and your site is a dream site for sure. I wish you guys more luck on opening up more territory there. I am impressed with the amount of study and scouting you put into the site to produce the finds to begin with! I think its like finding the needle in a haystack! :icon_thumleft:
Keith

Hey Keith-great to hear from you and Thanks. I agree-we have so much of our area (historical importance) up here that was covered by the two big lakes of Hartwell and Keowee. It is hard to reference many old maps or roads as many have gone , changed or been covered. This one was surely a thrill to have that research be confirmed. Hope we can continue to show some more great finds.
Take care and Merry Christmas.

Russ

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Keith-great to hear from you and Thanks. I agree-we have so much of our area (historical importance) up here that was covered by the two big lakes of Hartwell and Keowee. It is hard to reference many old maps or roads as many have gone , changed or been covered. This one was surely a thrill to have that research be confirmed. Hope we can continue to show some more great finds.
Take care and Merry Christmas.

Russ

I grew up on Lake Cumberland in south central Kentucky. I always wondered how many CW era relics from the Battle of Mill Springs the lake has hidden since it was impounded in 1952. A shame when you think about it. Merry Christmas!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread