What's new

Early morning Kansas sweet finds!!

ROCKateer

Full Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
283
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shawnee, KS.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So far so good huh?? What is everyone's thoughts? More pics of others as they are found..
 

Attachments

  • image-346740901.webp
    image-346740901.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image-266415534.webp
    image-266415534.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1390306636.webp
    image-1390306636.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 171
  • image-1554637503.webp
    image-1554637503.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
A few more!!
 

Attachments

  • image-3738821064.webp
    image-3738821064.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image-2042261176.webp
    image-2042261176.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-4189653549.webp
    image-4189653549.webp
    136 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3286899679.webp
    image-3286899679.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image-20655845.webp
    image-20655845.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 151
  • image-1217720547.webp
    image-1217720547.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3742850748.webp
    image-3742850748.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 139
I think very nice! What is the item in the picture next to that pretty red point?
 
Real nice finds, your having a real good day in my book:thumbsup:
 
Heartbreaker grooved axe. Like that long piece too!
 
You had a good day. Thanks for sharing.
 
The last pick the blackish one. I see a grove through the middle? Or is it just a thinning section?
Looks like you had a great hunt.
 
:wave: Welcome to TNET! Well, it looks like you have found some dandy nice artifacts. :icon_thumright: Looks like you might have an excellent area to search, good luck in your search for those elusive Indian artifacts.
 
The last pick the blackish one. I see a grove through the middle? Or is it just a thinning section?
Looks like you had a great hunt.

Touché, rock I found that laying on a small bar along with many golf balls along a creek in KC area. When I found it I noticed that also and I thought it was an unbelievable marking groove area almost where leather might have worn. A lot of Shawnee Indians these parts! What are your assessments of it or them.
 

Attachments

  • image-2989482080.webp
    image-2989482080.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 108
Looks almost like a Toma Hawk but I have never found one and really havent ever seen one before. Does that groove go all the way on the other side?
Is there a bit on it on the fat end? Looks cool to me a mystery piece.
Welcome to the site.
 
Last edited:
Most likely a tomahawk I put a hundred on it here are some models
 

Attachments

  • image-770189874.webp
    image-770189874.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3919913460.webp
    image-3919913460.webp
    22 KB · Views: 98
Most tomahawk handles were 18 to 20 inches long make one real quick and hold it on there see what it looks like lots of hawks double as hand axes these are my favorite pieces I love finding them good job HH
 
The bone you found looks very similar to a turtle bone. I have a few. Like a shoulder bone in a sense
 
Most tomahawk handles were 18 to 20 inches long make one real quick and hold it on there see what it looks like lots of hawks double as hand axes these are my favorite pieces I love finding them good job HH

Thanks for the advice and also it's great to be on the site. I never would have guessed tomahawk but those are some great example pics!!
 
Looks almost like a Toma Hawk but I have never found one and really havent ever seen one before. Does that groove go all the way on the other side?
Is there a bit on it on the fat end? Looks cool to me a mystery piece.
Welcome to the site.

hello
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom