What's new

early saddle shield buckle, buttons and buckles

mattysee

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
303
Reaction score
476
Golden Thread
0
Location
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a good day, I lost my pro pointer the day before.......I detected my 1rst year without one, the last year its been my best friend! lol new one will be here Friday, we don't know how spoiled we are with a pin pointer!
 

Attachments

  • 101_4608.webp
    101_4608.webp
    760.2 KB · Views: 2,393
  • 101_4610.webp
    101_4610.webp
    825.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 101_4611.webp
    101_4611.webp
    775.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 101_4612.webp
    101_4612.webp
    795.1 KB · Views: 515
  • 101_4613.webp
    101_4613.webp
    839.3 KB · Views: 384
  • 101_4615.webp
    101_4615.webp
    631.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 101_4620.webp
    101_4620.webp
    679.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 101_4619.webp
    101_4619.webp
    584.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 101_4617.webp
    101_4617.webp
    754 KB · Views: 342
  • 101_4621.webp
    101_4621.webp
    764.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 101_4623.webp
    101_4623.webp
    731.3 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 20
Those are some top notch digs,with a wide range of period!!I have to ask......could you pass on any info on what your calling an early saddle sheild?I have dug saddle sheilds,and I have dug what you have and have never seen them described as such?
 
I just say early cuz of all the finds I have found in this particular spot (celler hole), found a 1834 lg cent 2feet away from shield at same depth








i
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds mattysee. I bet it was a different challenge without the ole pointer. Thanks for sharing...
 
.................................
 
...are you sure its a saddle shield?I have never seen one like that
 
A very nice assortment of items , thanks for the pictures.
 
Nice variety of goodies Matt!! I rarely carry a pin pointer. The exception is if we are in a CS camp with buc'n balls. They tend to fall back in the hole-LOl. Great finds. HH, Q.
 
Nice grouping of finds! I think the shield looking piece is actually a buckle, probably horse tack related.
 
That brass buckle in the next to last photo is very early though
 
yeah I thought so, this area has a wide range of finds from a William the III half penny to new clad! very old county road over the top of a mountain
 
Now that was a great hunt! Nice variety of relics there.
Congrats,
MM
 
Great digs - especially like the matching set of beautiful buttons - not often that they come in pairs! Congrats on the LC and nice buckles too! Never seen that shield shape before...
 
Man that site is screaming to me. You keep digging mattysee, I am certain you will find some really nice old silver there. Great finds, great site and great post.
ZDD
 
Looks like a good day!I did find a shield buckle very similar to yours in a civil war era campsite.I assume it's horse tack.
 
MattyFinds nice job. Now only if I could get you to fill in your holes.
 

Attachments

  • image-547336393.webp
    image-547336393.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 94
Nice array of finds. A group of finds like that would keep me happy for a while. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
I've dug the same relics here in SJ , your digs indicates mid 1800's habitation .

:icon_scratch: Even a similar , decorative , shield buckle "horse tack from harness "

Be on the lookout for a seated liberty or two .
dawg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom