What's new

East Granby treasure map

tomkat

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I am not a treasure hunter but I came to this forum to tell an interesting story.Not sure of the year,had to be around 1969 and I was 5yrs old.My father owned a construction company in East granby Ct. He had a large sand pit on rt. 189,which he hauled sand out of for years.One day a group of people showed up with information that they had a treasure map stating that it was buried on his property.I'm not possitive but I think they were from a university.I remember state people there,and they told my father that he had to stop operations while they dug.They dug for 2 days and found nothing but water.My father wasn't happy.The reason I'm posting this because it made the papers,not sure which one,there was a picture of a treasure map in the article.My familys copy disappeared years ago,no one knows what happened to it.My father died years ago but there is still old timers around who still remember the ordeal.Now there is houses on the property and I talked to one of the homeowners and he was familiar with the story.Has anyone ever seen the article or have heard about it?Anyway,thats my story.
 
I think the map was about pirate treasure,there was mention of pirates in the forum you sent.
 
The big question should be, what were the Archies doing looking for pirate treasure with state backing? Trying to make a big Personal score?
​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom