What's new

Easy 87s

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Easy 87's

1987 halves are harder than Walkers to find but 1 of my boxes had a motherlode today: 61 total. 32 P's & 29 D's
 

Attachments

  • 87\'s.webp
    87\'s.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
Re: Easy 87's

TXTim said:
1987 halves are harder than Walkers to find but 1 of my boxes had a motherlode today: 61 total. 32 P's & 29 D's

How's that?
 
Re: Easy 87's

Damn! Makes ya wonder about the story behind that deal.. Nice find. Gpurs...
 
Re: Easy 87's

seattleMD said:
TXTim said:
1987 halves are harder than Walkers to find but 1 of my boxes had a motherlode today: 61 total. 32 P's & 29 D's

How's that?

I think you'll find that you'll find more Walkers than 87's over a period of time - I know I have - until today - at least 20 to 1.
 
Re: Easy 87's

Tim, are you going to the Gold Prospector's Show in Belton this weekend ? You could pick up some nice nuggets to haul back south. It is at the Belton County Expo sat. and sun. Cheers, Jim
 
Re: Easy 87's

Nice pickup Tim!! Those rascals sure are hard to find. Typical Tim.....when you find things , it is in large quantities....ha!

I'm like GPURS....what do you think was the deal there?

Congrats.
 
Re: Easy 87's

it is true they are hard to find ,i never have yet
however did get a call from a teller today with 165$ worth of halves she saved for me
surprise it contained a mint bag(united states mint kennedy half dollars $100.00) all 2001 p ,s and d,s oh well she tried i guess i will dump all look very nice/bright
 
Re: Easy 87's

And I thought I was finding a lot of those, you got me beat 10 fold on one day.


Here is my crown :)

Nice score.

But...what do ya do with em?
 
Re: Easy 87's

Thanks everyone!
I would like to know what the story is, too.
I believe these only came in mint sets, so someone had to rip open a bunch of little plastic envelopes to get them out before thay cashed them in - probably grandpas collection.
I have also seen a couple 87 S's lately - might be from the same stash.
JD- What to do with them? maybe ebay.
Hey coolpix - not going to any shows - sounds interesting & have fun if you go!
 
Re: Easy 87's

Wow, that made for an interesting box.... too cool
 
Re: Easy 87's

WOW! That is crazy! :o I would be happy to just find 1 of each. Congrats!
 
Re: Easy 87's

Wonderful find.

Like TXTim said, these were issued only as parts of Uncirculated and Souvenir sets - low mintage as well, something like 2,890,758 for each.

Keepers!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom