What's new

ever returned it?

Wudnut

Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
64
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever dig something up such as a pet collar, small bell or something similar and wonder could someone have buried it for sentimental reasons. Then return it to put it back where you found it ?
 
One time I had permission to hit a yard. When done, I went to show the homeowner all the various coins and nicknacks. One of which was a dog tag . I showed them that, and read the name of the dog on there. The person became un-glued with disdain, alert, etc....

Then told me they buried their family dog 20-ish years earlier in the backyard. And .... I guess. I'd found the collar license that they had buried their beloved pet with. Ooops. :icon_scratch: I don't recall seeing any bones when I'd dug that signal. Aarrgghh.
 
Damn Tom, some days you can't do anything right!
 
One time I had permission to hit a yard. When done, I went to show the homeowner all the various coins and nicknacks. One of which was a dog tag . I showed them that, and read the name of the dog on there. The person became un-glued with disdain, alert, etc....

Then told me they buried their family dog 20-ish years earlier in the backyard. And .... I guess. I'd found the collar license that they had buried their beloved pet with. Ooops. :icon_scratch: I don't recall seeing any bones when I'd dug that signal. Aarrgghh.

Ouch! Permission revoked... :dontknow:
 
a cremation tag on a beach, put it right back and covered it
 
I dug up a few dog tags on private property but never showed those tags to anyone. I did search a property to try to find a lost silver ring. During that search, I came across 2 clearly marked pet graves. I usually stay clear of searching any ground that has a grave marker.
Did you re-bury the tag??
 
Not me. No dead pets, no cremation tags.
 
I ended up taking some things I dug up at one particular site. After talking with a friend, we agreed I had dug up the remains of a leather jacket that had some medals and other awards buried with it. The give-away was the buttons and associated hardware that I found also. We were 99.99% convinced that it had been buried there for a reason, and it surely wasn't for me to dig up and take home. So back it went, dug the old plugs up and ceremoniously deposited everything as found. Ddf
 
Came across buried pets in a 400 acre park (mostly in the ravines and forested areas) in the city that I detected in for many years. When there was a cage-stay away was the motto, and that went with any bones that were in a hole also, just put the item back covered it up, put a rock on top as a marker to remember it again if I detected the spot a few years later.
 
F445EE42-28F7-45D4-96E2-DA6D4DC2BD3B.webpI just found this plastic St. Joseph yesterday....when I accidentally found it, I noticed it was perfectly upside down. I showed the homeowner, he had no idea what it was, gave me the blessing(pun) to keep it....
I didn’t think anything of it, till last nite my wife looked it up online.....
Turns out this statue was likely buried upside intentionally, to bring good luck to the homeowner....
But then more research reveals that there were other, mostly modern superstitious traditions, to help sell a house quickly...that sort of thing.
So, I’ll keep it for now, then I’ll plant him when we decide to sell our house.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom