lost items recovery
Bronze Member
Hello excal users I've recently picked up a excal 1000 ( old blue) and have been running the settings as recommended by the book for beach hunting. Been running the same settings for dry, wet sand and shallow water with no complaints but am wondering if there is any advanced settings or do and don'ts that you may like to share. Still very new to this machine and absolutely love it! Main concern is the sensitivity setting, been running it in auto but I've heard people say not to run it in that mode. I'd really appreciate your recommendations and your experiences. Thanks for any help!
Upvote
0
But if you can master it you'll be surprised at how many good targets you can pull often from those heavily hunted areas. I know when I'm in the right mood, and when I'm swinging the 12x15 SEF, I'm constantly amazed at how deep many of the targets were. The other day I dug what was perhaps the deepest silver ring I have ever dug, easily beyond 18" and it wasn't a large ring at all, right at 2.2 grams and it was just a whisper all the way. But be prepared to dig "a lot" of deep pull tabs and other crap as well when hunting like this as there's just no escaping them because disc mode won't be able to respond to many of these targets. Hope this helps.







