Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
User name? In 1971 I started talking on CB radio and needed a 'handle'. I was a Texan from birth 'til 2007. My hair (what's left) is red. So, texasred. When I started using the internet, texasred, texasred7, and texasred77 was in use. So, liking the idea of triple '7s' (slots) started using it and still do. No, I did not think about Texas Red, the outlaw in the song "Big Iron" that Marty Robins sang until a few days later. Avatar? I don't remember where I found the 'Strut'n' image and title a couple of years ago. I'm 71 and sometimes feel about like the rooster looks!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry if I'm confusing you with the wrong mike, but I knew a guy who knew a guy named mike. Looked just like you except the goatee. Last I heard he went to Belize, your last name does not start with an E by any chance does it?

Did he find a Balboa?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought it might be time to pull this one up again with all the new members. Love reading over our older members threads on here, blast from the past! Please keep it going. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sad to see some of the really cool members that aren't on here anymore.... HH, Maverick.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Pt78 is the periodic letters/number for Platinum, and I play a lot of older video games in my spare time, hence ThePt78Gamer. Avatar is my first Barr note I found a few weeks ago. Found a second one just a few days later.

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone heard me say once, I WAS USING A PI....

He thought I'd hired an investigator......:laughing7:

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is the first time I've seen this, I don't get much time to read back post....avatar is from one of my best half dollar finds. Username, Barney has been my nickname since I was a kid, 71, well not my age, but the year I was born.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 49 states in which I was not born.:laughing7:
Marvin

PS, KISS (Keep It Simple Sam)

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, seeing as I have two Youths, hail from NY and will always stop and watch My Cousin Vinny when its on TV...figured it was the perfect username. Chose the avatar because who could pass up a chubby little pirate bird with gold coins :)

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I am a long time home brewer, I had taken many beer brewing classes from accredited universities about 20 years ago when I was first getting into it. Seemed natural to get my handle when I first registered on this site.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some one asked on a chair users finds thread how using a wheelchair was relevent (sp. the same) to metal detecting before I was a member and was lurking.
So I got riled and joined.
The avatar is admiring something elusive to find that is sought by some history aficionado's ; a younger sky.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NSDQ= Night Stalkers Don't Quit , motto from my 1st unit in the Army 160th SOAR, and avatar is a pic of me in 03 right before the invason of Iraq for OIF1 at a 4 tent fob called Camp Victory

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Avatar is a soldier metal detecting over a Seated Quarter, my nickname is Ringfinder and I picked that name because i love to water detect and have found over a thousand rings over 30 years of detecting, a lot of them from the lakes I hunt.

silverlining

Jun 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac (currently used)
xterra 505 (10.5 DD 7.5 khz is currently used with it)
And 2 plasti-dipped pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Other
My avatar is my oldest find to date, and my name means we have recently experienced a gentle breeze. :cool:

NoThisIsPatrick

Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Favorite TV show growing up because Im a 90s kid. Reference from Spongebob Squarepants. No, my name isnt actually Patrick haha

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 years since last post, bump it up! :) My intro was back on page 13 holy crap lol.

Last edited:

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed in Germany and felt really out of place, like a thumb in a bowl of grits, and this just popped into my head. My avatar is photo of my wife and I at Carrowinds a couple years back.

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well since I have a bunch of user names for several sites, I decided to use the same user name so I don't forget and have to reset my name. M V is my initials, and girl is because, well, I'm a girl. Turns out there isn't many girls on this site so I guess it helps my name stand out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions