Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Figured it was time to bump this one again, still seeing new faces on here. I think this should be in the sticky threads, does anyone else think so? HH, Maverick.

Wampus

Greenie
Sep 12, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its in honor of a good friend that died in a freak coyote hunting accident. The wampus cat was his nickname.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for bumping this Mav!
Figured it was time to bump this one again, still seeing new faces on here. I think this should be in the sticky threads, does anyone else think so? HH, Maverick.

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My username is TypeCoin because my US type set the the centrepiece of my collection. 97 refers to my birth year. 1793 marks the start of US coinage (though technically 1792).

My avatar is a double belled euphonium. It's my favourite instrument I own and what I play in jazz band. From what I know, it's one of about ten or less in my county. **Update**: I just made first chair in my age group for euphonium in district band.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for bumping this Mav!

Hey, no problem Buff, it's a really good thread, I have said this before when I bumped it, it's a shame some of the people don't post anymore. There was another thread that I thought was really good too ( I just haven't looked for it again) it was what we all did for a living, that one was a good one too. HH, Maverick.

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My user name, Hawk'n Dirt comes mainly from my old Army Call sign Hawk 46. My unit flew the OV-1D Mohawk reconnaissance aircraft (see Signature). Since I do not fly anymore, its is now a play on words....Hawk in Dirt as in no longer in the air but in the dirt and Hawk'n Dirt as in Hacking it up.

My avatar is a picture of my favorite find...a .925 Sterling Silver Poison Ring.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
John, that is self explanatory. Omerta is a code or law that will not allow me to tell or divulge certain information. Which is fitting for a treasure hunting sight. We may help each other but truly if I score big certain formation will be kept on the hush. Omerta!

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
John, that is self explanatory. Omerta is a code or law that will not allow me to tell or divulge certain information. Which is fitting for a treasure hunting sight. We may help each other but truly if I score big certain formation will be kept on the hush. Omerta!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

you can still tell me about the score by PM.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DixieLandMan is because I live in Alabama (also known as the heart of Dixie). My avatar is of me on horseback during a Wounded Warrior Retreat in Montana.

StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one is pretty complicated so try to follow:

My name is Steve and I am from PA. I thought long and hard for a solid username, PASteve was taken so I had to settle for second best, StevePA.

Pretty creative I know. After seeing some of the really creative names, I am slightly embarrassed but it does the job.

My avatar is either my son, my greatest treasure, or my fishing picks. My best find CRH is a 1925 commemorative half dollar.

Steven

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said anything about killing anyone. That is an assumption but everyone living must die so I'm sure you as well can die too.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said anything about killing anyone. That is an assumption but everyone living must die so I'm sure you as well can die too.
naw dawg he can't dr dre made him bulletproof. don't believe me? Listen to the song "heat"

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.
Please explain your username/avatar picture, with so many new members here, I'd love to hear the story behind the usernames and pictures!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fish1on:

Avid fisherman, a phrase in Alaska (when I lived there) when fishing the rivers for salmon was to call out fishon so others would reel in to let you get you fish without getting all tangled in lines. Yup, combat fishing at its best but there are some common courtesy's still in place. The name was used on many of the boards that I am a member of so I had to add the number 1 in the middle.

My avatar:

Just something that makes me laugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread