GWWJR
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 4, 2004
- Messages
- 74
- Reaction score
- 81
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- XP DEUS
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Had a few hours to hunt so hit a local spot we've beaten to death. Just got the detector dialed in, found a few tombac buttons and then out comes this beauty. Just a low 40s on the Deus so I was really surprised to see a nice keeper. I think its the face of a 2 piece tombac button. I usually only find the backs/ shanks and occasionally just the domed faces. Never one like this. I'll take it! Just after I dug this the farmer showed up to spray the fields (no till) before planting corn. Oh well. Will have to hit it again next year.
I found some button backs of the type I think this comes from and one of them fits like a glove. Not from the same spot though. Someone will have to tell me if I'm wrong about what it is.
I found some button backs of the type I think this comes from and one of them fits like a glove. Not from the same spot though. Someone will have to tell me if I'm wrong about what it is.
Attachments
-
CIMG0015.webp167.4 KB · Views: 335 -
CIMG0024.webp79.1 KB · Views: 271 -
CIMG0019.webp143.6 KB · Views: 272 -
CIMG0021.webp144.1 KB · Views: 273 -
DSCN0438.webp801.2 KB · Views: 274 -
CIMG0027.webp88.6 KB · Views: 227 -
CIMG0026.webp78.4 KB · Views: 239 -
CIMG0025.webp82.1 KB · Views: 257 -
CIMG0012.webp109.1 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Upvote
18








