What's new

Fairly new member here. Look what I found 8/15/13

the creek gang

Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
87
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What do you all thank?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-3063946529.webp
    image-3063946529.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1220738923.webp
    image-1220738923.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
Found it in a creek where I've found other artifacts: spears heads, hammerstones etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Found this same day.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2297951920.webp
    image-2297951920.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 136
Lots of flint and jasper of many colors in this creek.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
You know I never find anything in the creek when I'm searching carefully, it's when I'm just walking and occasionally looking down, that's when I find stuff!? This is a great site.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
those are all flaked by ancient man and are either tools or unfinished tools

can you put a coin by them for size reference?

thanks for posting and welcome to the tnet

now i say go back to that area and keep lookin'.......i think you will score

larson1951
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Nice finds:thumbsup:but what you are finding at that site or creek, I would always keep my eye on the ground
 
Is the first one flat on the other side? If it is its probably a big scraper type of tool. If its worked I would like to see it and if its not flat. HH, rock
 
The first one is the same on both sides.
 
You know I never find anything in the creek when I'm searching carefully, it's when I'm just walking and occasionally looking down, that's when I find stuff!? This is a great site.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

aint that the truth
 
Is the first one flat on the other side? If it is its probably a big scraper type of tool. If its worked I would like to see it and if its not flat. HH, rock

Pics of both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2908832645.webp
    image-2908832645.webp
    35 KB · Views: 98
  • image-585114500.webp
    image-585114500.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 83
Is the first one flat on the other side? If it is its probably a big scraper type of tool. If its worked I would like to see it and if its not flat. HH, rock

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Both sides of axe or hand tool?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-353811394.webp
    image-353811394.webp
    35 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1127822159.webp
    image-1127822159.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 70
those indents across from each other make me think hafted at some point...
 
Im thinking a ax or a hoe by the hafting sections on it. Look at the ends and see if it shows any use wear. Use wear should show scrapes of some sort.
Either way it is a nice artifact. I could see it being one of my favorites if I had found it.
 
Im thinking a ax or a hoe by the hafting sections on it. Look at the ends and see if it shows any use wear. Use wear should show scrapes of some sort.
Either way it is a nice artifact. I could see it being one of my favorites if I had found it.

Thanks, found it in about a foot of water, it could of easily been over looked. Found a horseshoe the week before. Maybe it brought me good luck. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom