Fake Cob on Ebay

We will see how long it lasts...I sent him a message, waiting for reply.

Trez

Hey there,
Just out of curiosity... how can you tell? I'm not saying that's a fake or not, but what makes you think it's a fake? I don't know much about how too tell.... Can you explain?

Has a big 0 feedback but wants someone to trust him for $3,750.00. I wouldnt trust him even if the picture looked good. No history. No Certificate of Authenticity.
eBay scam.jpgeBay cross.jpg

escudo8 1736.jpg
a nice 8 escudo 1736.

It's probably a COB replica button from some cheap suit..............

BTW, did you notice how shiny his fingertips were; like he doctored them or the pic to show no print lines!?!

Who in their right mind would buy something for $3750 from two fuzzy pictures on ebay, much less from a dealer that had NO feedback. Genius. What a feeble attempt...

I posted this same response on a similar thread:

Here's a link to: Report Problems with Purchase of Reproduction or Fake Antiques and Collectibles

http://collectors.org/Library/Hobby_Protection_Act.asp

Note this link also describes the requirements of the Hobby Protection Act (HPA) that (among other requirements, requires the word "COPY" be incursed into a 'for sale' coin-- with certain minimum specifications. I note no such word on this coin. I'll quickly add that I'm not qualified to judge the authenticity of this coin nor do I suggest this coin is not real. But if it is determined to be a copy, replica, reproduction, etc. then the requirements of the HPA apply.
Don.......

Let's see; No certificate of authenticity, not record of any other sales of any kind on Ebay, no physical address like a coin shop, etc., he is in a foreign country, fuzzy pictures.... Hmmmm, why would we be suspicious?

The coin may be a picture of a real coin,but, I doubt if he is. Very suspicious!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back