What's new

Fidget what ???

Blak bart

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2016
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
107,787
Golden Thread
5
Location
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im snorkeling along metal detecting the swim hole and I find this photo-506.webp
I had no idea what this thing was and it looked pretty useless so it went in the trash pile. Next morning my kid has it and is playing with it. Hes only 4 and sometimes I cant understand what hes saying. But after a couple days I figure out hes telling me "fidget spinner". So I look it up and im overwhelmed by the fidget spinner craze !!! Never in my life would I think something so stupid is so popular. The only thing close would be a pet rock. Anyway I found my first fidget spinner. And yes im guilty of playing with it now. I hope this dosent represent the best america has to offer in manufacturing. Who am I kidding this thing was more than likley made in china. Look em up folks, they are very popular right now. Woo hoo!!!! I found a fidget spinner !!! After watching my kid become obsessed with the thing I had to take it away. Probably a lot cheaper than an I pad though.
 
They are dorky, I don't know why but there are dullards playing with them everywhere. I went into the Nissan dealership a couple weeks ago, 3 service advisors at the counter, all 3 of them sitting there playing with these things like zombies. :icon_scratch:
 
Recalls back to Ben Franklin.

"Tempis Fugit" Time flies. As in waste of time.
 
Ya my kid says they have them at his pre-school. Oh hell no !!! I can just see all the kids sitting there spinning these things while the teachers all sneak out for a smoke. Your right warbaby my kid was starting to act like a zombie. I guess I shouldnt talk. I just spent about 10 minutes spinning the thing !! Must put it down, cant stop spinning it, must put in trash, help me !!! Aaaahhhhh !!!!
 
At least we had sensible toys when I was a kid.

 
Dont forget the hula hoop either
 
Better than staring at a screen I guess, but these are not meant for young children since the middle pieces can come loose and have been swallowed.
 
Ya I hear ya susan. Were gonna get a log. As per charlie p. Rin and stimpy vid. Lol.
 
My kids would rather find a spinner than a gold ring :dontknow:
 
My son wants one. I said absolutely not. He's distracted enough without it!!! Also his school has banned them. YouTube is full of idiots spinning them with compressed air. Watched one kid about loose his finger when it seized up!!! Waste of time


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
My kids would rather find a spinner than a gold ring :dontknow:

I am willing to trade as many fidget spinners as you want for gold rings. I prefer 1 spinner for 1 ring, but I can negotiate. :laughing7:.

I found one a few days ago while walking my dog lol.
 
This is weird, I found one of those on top the ground in a park, had no idea what is was, threw it my trash bucket, next day, seen it in the newspaper, some schools do not want them in class. Asked a neighbor about it, said his kids have them, go for about $10 to $15 apiece?, are you kidding? A new nation of unimaginative zombies? wow
 
My son wants one. I said absolutely not. He's distracted enough without it!!! Also his school has banned them. YouTube is full of idiots spinning them with compressed air. Watched one kid about loose his finger when it seized up!!! Waste of time


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Oh no.......wheres my compressor. Now that sounds like fun. Just kidding, mom just took it away from me. Ya moms actually my wife if you couldnt guess.
 
Yeah, that kid probably had that thing spinning 20,000 rpms plus!


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Many schools would consider it a weapon if combined with compressed air, probably the reason they aren't allowed. Students may get tempted to use some compressed air stored in their locker to make their spinners spin at 50k rpms. :laughing7:
 
There is a group now saying that they are therapeutic and help kids with attention deficit disorder. I dont believe that for a second, I also dont have DR before my name either so who knows. Wierd how some schools ban them and others like my kids have them at school to play with.

I never even herd of one till today.
 
My kids love them and so do I. Some of the higher quality spinners will spin forever. And these aren't just mindless toys. Kids are using their imagination with them, performing tricks, spin competitions, redesigning and improving. It's nice having an xbox substitute, if only for a little while.

I spend several hours per day with a mouse/keyboard, 5 days a week which makes my hands a little tight at times. Those spinners provide a massage like effect and my hands which is very cool.

Rubik's Cube....now there's a mindless toy...lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom