Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lighten up. It's a spinning top that you hold in your hand. I actually plan to get a fidget spinner when I get paid tomorrow.

And I still play with yo-yos.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can sure find some at the beach metal detecting !! Ive found 3 in the last few weeks. There popping up in the sand everywhere. Kids playing with them all over now that I notice them.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14983296492131518658526.jpg 14983296492131518658526.jpg

Wow my phone stopped the motion. Got mine for $5 from a local guy who sells hats (mostly ) in front of the grocery store.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
They had some figits at the gas station a while back ,none since. So......I picked one up and gave it a spin.
Then put it back. Don't want to cut into my internet time I guess.....

Of all the stupid ways to have fun ....tennis ball cannons were a favorite of mine.
A curse upon the beverage industry for going to aluminum cans ( Dad was a good source for beer cans once upon a time , and lighter fluid ,and paint thinner , ect..)
The poor man bought on heck of a lot of bb's in my youth ( that was me in the winter coat in summer headed for another bb gun fight)and needed some relief ,of sorts.
Times change though with technology. Guess I'll have to build a potato gun with ( hang head in shame) plastic pipe.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lighten up. It's a spinning top that you hold in your hand. I actually plan to get a fidget spinner when I get paid tomorrow.

And I still play with yo-yos.

Yo yo's take talent to function. They can actually get dangerous if you try doing some fancy stuff. Fidgety spinners won't challenge your hand & eye coordination or anything else that I can think of. Ever tried Hacky Sack?:hello:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had some figits at the gas station a while back ,none since. So......I picked one up and gave it a spin.
Then put it back. Don't want to cut into my internet time I guess.....

Of all the stupid ways to have fun ....tennis ball cannons were a favorite of mine.
A curse upon the beverage industry for going to aluminum cans ( Dad was a good source for beer cans once upon a time , and lighter fluid ,and paint thinner , ect..)
The poor man bought on heck of a lot of bb's in my youth ( that was me in the winter coat in summer headed for another bb gun fight)and needed some relief ,of sorts.
Times change though with technology. Guess I'll have to build a potato gun with ( hang head in shame) plastic pipe.

Oh yeah. Lighter fluid cannons. Or as we referred to them as "Polish Cannons". Loved to build some way cool custom jobs with your favorite beverage proudly displayed. My buddies and me would run around town at night "terrifying" the populace with those things. Thanks for reviving another great memory.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ah, a noonie (Cajun for "pacifier") for millennials.

The way they play with those things reminds me of a two year old mindlessly sucking on a pacifier. That doesn't require any brain power either.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, a noonie (Cajun for "pacifier") for millennials.

The way they play with those things reminds me of a two year old mindlessly sucking on a pacifier. That doesn't require any brain power either.

Noonie, eh? Thanks for the laugh and another new word to add to my arsenal when describing some of my coworkers.:hello2:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now we will be finding them and the metal remnants of them for years to come. They are sold everywhere!
....wonder how much the ballbearing stock exchange has risen since their appearance?

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still fidgeting? Just put a drop of oil on it and it will not work as well (darn!), keep away from kids that will eat anything (kid that ate the bearing, why?)as a screwdriver or knife will pop the plastic off and the bearing will push out, I tried it and it does easily. Give them the yo-yo, a slinky, hula-hoop or Mr & Mrs. Potato Head and let'em go have fun, I know we did and never ate the parts, put an eye out, flushed down the toilet, etc. I as far as I know am a normal, adjusted, function adult human with the normal attention span and... what, oh yeah, and can function in society without a spinning finger top to keep me under control. Give me the tennis ball cannon, potato cannon and bb gun, all sound like fun and were when I was a kid and no one died or lost body parts.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Its mind numbing! It turns you into a zombie! It rots your brain! Are we talking about watching TV or spinning something on your finger?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its mind numbing! It turns you into a zombie! It rots your brain! Are we talking about watching TV or spinning something on your finger?

Now you did it, what happens if you play with a fidget spinner while watching TV? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you did it, what happens if you play with a fidget spinner while watching TV? :laughing7:

Hasn't killed me yet. Im glad I found a few. But there just like a yo yo or slinky, it gets old quick. Ive already forgot where I put the thing. Glad I didn't buy it. I think this craze will fade as quickly as it got popular. Some poor vendor will get stuck with a million units. Lol !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANGER! May cause illusion of contentment. Beware!

Seriously, its only a matter of time till some kid hypnotizes themselves and starts twitching and flopping.

Haaa ha ha !!! Now thats funny. Did I say that out loud, what I meant to say was, ya be careful !! These things are as dangerous as the lithium battery in your phone. A twitching, flopping, fidget spinning, seizure would be bad for business. !!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find!

Last week I found a Fidget Cube...my college students will never listen to me again!:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions