Finding a hunting spot

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Nashville Tennessee and enjoy old coin hunting and modern to old jewelry detecting.I have a few problems I have been detecting for a little over a year and am having problems locating places to hunt. The second problem is that I am only 13 years old and nobody trusts me to detect their land. I have been trying to find parks where it is legal but al metro, city, state and national it seems to be illegal. I have also been looking for old schools where I could pick up some old coins and maybe a ring or two. But it seems all old schools have been turned into city parks. Any suggestions of old home sites, school yards or parks is appreciated.
McClain

Upvote 0

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the woods......look for old foundations, clearings, stone piles but watch out for ticks and other vermin.....HH

OP
OP
P

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old do you have to be in order to join a metal detecting club.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always talk with the old-timers in your area, ask them about old industry in your area, railroad, mining, logging, farming, some of these sites are off the beaten path, and those sites usually have less modern junk to sort through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread