What's new

First colonial silver I think.

Klclark3

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
365
Reaction score
524
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For my job we are currently tearing down old building that used to be near a store site, so Asked my boss if I could bring the detector one day and took my discovery 3300. I had a hit about 89 and it went to 94, and out was this. In the silver pile it went. 20160326_153135-1.webp20160326_153406.webp20160326_153140.webp20160326_153146.webp20160326_153152.webp
 
Upvote 8
If that is real its worth a lot of money! Can you take more pics of the coin?
 
Sigh....very nice
 
Last edited:
George, is that you? Just kidding..or not..no really I'm just kidding. Nice find!
 
Looks like a copy to me.
 
Not saying it isn't but silver is silver.
 
[ATTACH=CON
 

Attachments

  • 14590230992581123609600.webp
    14590230992581123609600.webp
    509.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Not saying it isnt.14590232337441106198897.webp1459023295345-2030559160.webp1459023295345-2030559160.webp
 
Beautiful coin, but I don't believe the real ones had a beaded edge.
 
......this guy again......
 
Beautiful coin, but I don't believe the real ones had a beaded edge.

You are correct ,

NO beaded edge .... shame its bogus .. a strong magnet makes em fly across tables .
 
Great find, still love the coin.
 
Yeah its a fugasi and also it isn't colonial .....if my US history knowledge is correct by 1795 they were called states.
 
A FRIEND OF A FRIEND FOUND 3 REAL ONES UNDER A GRANITE PORCH SLAB TO A CELLAR HOLE IN CT. LIKE 3 YRS AGO
GUY DOES NOT POST -NEVER DID - BUT MY FRIND WENT OVER GUYS HOUSE AND HELD THEM - HIS WERE REAL
 
I will never make an absolute determination based on photographs, but this looks like a copy. Look at the shape of the eagle's head.

aj
 
This would make it 3 incredible finds in the state of Kentucky.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom