First E Trac outing scores my oldest coin!

muttandjeeps

Jul 11, 2008
Moved from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts t
Detector(s) used
The Equinox 800 is the only one I need...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today,had to. 28 degrees,20 mph winds. Just got my second ET (long story),the Sunray X-8 just came in this week, so I HAD to get it out for a spin.
I have a site where permission was granted last summer, but is 80% covered in poison ivy, so i thought it would wait till spring.
The site is an early 1700's home, the foundation is caved in, and filled with debris,prickers and the above mentioned poison ivy thrive here, so it's the spring or the fall for this place. Stopped in with the owner to make sure the coast was still clear, and it was. The site is littered with iron ( I know, which one isn't,right), not much modern trash to be had. Dug about a dozen targets just to get back in ET mode( running a modified coin program,thanks Digger, in CO tones) Got a nice fork/spoon handle in pewter, a harmonica reed and misc tin bits. Then,finally a good 40/41 ish signal, meter says its at about 6 inches,it was, of roots and rock! I was rewarded with a 1836 LC, the back is better than the front
OK, so I'm looking around the site, there are some outcroppings of rocks, some stacked some natural, I walk about 50 feet to this spot for no particular reason, and get a slammin 44/45 ( I'm now in TTF) strong signal, but only about 1 inch wide, with iron on either side, the meter says about 10 inches. At about 7 inches, I liberated a square nail that had been there for some time. I figured that was the signal, re-scanned the hole "knowing" it would be empty, so much for what I know, the target is still there, another couple of inches of soil removed, and there it is, my oldest coin to date, a 1723 Hibernia Penny, the E Trac is pretty bitchin.
Thanks for reading my ramble!

Attachments

• P3240161.JPG
    P3240161.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 672
  • P3240163.JPG
    P3240163.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 671
  • P3240189.JPG
    P3240189.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 671
  • P3240190.JPG
    P3240190.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 654
  • P3240181.JPG
    P3240181.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 655
  • P3240182.JPG
    P3240182.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0
Nice oldies. Get back out there. :icon_thumleft:

Those Hibernias have a zinc content so typically they don't hold up to well, however yours is solid!

They don't come out much better than that!

I hope your program isn't knocking out too much because there can be some great relics where a coin like that is found.

Great finds! :icon_thumright:

Great Hibernia. Closeset I can come on ID is #157 in Breens. "No pellet before "H"; small 3. At least 108 vars. including 158-161. Nice coin! Great Detail!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Saving history,,,,,,,one "beep" at a time. Good hunt. :thumbsup:

What nice finds, hope you're doing your happy dance. Iron hits always hid the good stuff.

Very nice Woods Hibernia! I've dug one in 6 years and was not anywhere near the condition of that! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back