What's new

First Post - recent finds

Stang1968

Full Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2010
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a Guest lurker here for a while now.... Finally bit the bullet and signed up. I see a lot of power CRHers here, but also a lot of folks like me who just pick up a few rolls here and there. I've been CRHing off and on for about 15 years, and have seen a sharp decline in the silver in my rolls in that time. Of course, I've also moved from one geographic area to another, so I suspect that had a large impact as well.
I primarily hunt cents, dimes, and halves, but also get nickels here and there, and always ask about large dollars.
My most notable finds from the past year are a 1901 IH ender, 1900 V-nick in the same box as a dateless buffalo and a 1943-D Jefferson, several Mercs, 3 Ben Franklins (2 in the same roll), and quite a few wheaties.
I primarily look for wheaties and silver; i don't sort out the bronze from the zinc cents.

My most recent CRH was on Friday when I stopped at the bank across the street from work- I asked if they had any halves, and was told they only had $2 worth. Another teller said she had $1.50 more, so I took them all. Of the $3.50, two were 40%ers. Not bad considering I only got 7 halves total. Hopefully today, I'll be able to score a few more from banks while I am out and about.

Nice to meet you all- I've enjoyed your finds over the past couple of months.
-Greg
 
Upvote 0
I'm new here too.

I just started CHR...nice to see someone else who is casually looking.
 
Oh dont get me wrong- I order coins by the box from a few different banks, but lately I've only had time and the funds to pick up loosies. :)
 
Welcome to T-Net..If you have been watching the last month or so..you probally never heard of me..lol..
But I myself am a "amatuer" CRH'er..I normally Metal Detect to find my Silver..but its always nice to sit down with a stiff one (Drink :laughing9:) and go thru the rolls..

Only bought a few boxes of Halves..few boxes of Nicks..and Cents...2 boxes of Dimes..and i would say beside one big score on the halves...im more of a Nickel / Cents man..at least i ALWAYS find something in those.

Good Luck in your hunting..And dont dump your rejects at my banks :laughing9: joking of course
 
Welcome to Tnet.
 
Welcome.. you've been CRHing for 15 years. I've been doing it for 10. Veteran CRHers are always welcome in my book. This is a great site for ideas and info. I'm pretty much hooked on this. I'm probably even more hooked since I've been on this site.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom