What's new

First signal and last signal was a Seated Quarter

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
After work I decided to go back to the spot where I pulled 10 silver coins last week including a seated dime. I parked the car and geared up. Started at the lawn edge and got a signal that bounced from a penny to a quarter at 6". Dug and saw silver. Seated quarter. I checked around the spot for additional signals, turned the machine off, and went home. Enough for today.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447117979.776632.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447117993.113653.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447118003.752337.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447118011.638731.webp

I've pulled two seated half-dimes, a lot of seated dimes, and even a seated half, but the quarter has eluded me. Finally.


Enjoy!

Steve
 
Upvote 96
LOL. I think i would be spending the night on that place.. Good job
 
You're like a silver "hit-man" haha! Awesome find, I could see why you wanted to end on a high note, although I don't think I could have left that spot!
 
LOL. I think i would be spending the night on that place.. Good job

That was my gut reaction but I'm trying to savor each find. With a find that good it ain't difficult to spend some one-on-one time together with it. Lol. Besides it was a real beast to clean. See the dark rim before cleaning? The entire other side looked like that
 
Real nice, good job
 
That is just incredible !! Such nice detail ! I'd be stoked, congratulations !!!
 
You're like a silver "hit-man" haha! Awesome find, I could see why you wanted to end on a high note, although I don't think I could have left that spot!

Lol. Thx J. I figured I should probably pick up the kids before I got lost in the "time warp" detecting. We all know how that goes!
 
Jeez, I thought you meant you found 2!
 
Real nice, good job

Hey Chris thx man. Funny thing is that quarter dates to the same year that the current structure on the property was built. Dropped by a worker?
 
Hey Chris thx man. Funny thing is that quarter dates to the same year that the current structure on the property was built. Dropped by a worker?

Hey ya never know
 
sweet find...you gonna have to hoover the heck outta that spot..congrats.its still on my bucket list
 
What did you use to clean it, Steve?
That was my gut reaction but I'm trying to savor each find. With a find that good it ain't difficult to spend some one-on-one time together with it. Lol. Besides it was a real beast to clean. See the dark rim before cleaning? The entire other side looked like that
 
Nice one Steve[emoji106]
 
Congrats on your first seated quarter, it's a nice one. Found my first one back in march after 43 yrs. Sure hope it didn't take you that long. lol
 
No hunting here right to the goods. Get out get a keeper leave. Wow. Beauty !!
 
What did you use to clean it, Steve?

I tried citric acid at first (I use the straight powder so u can adjust the acidity). That didn't budge anything so I went to the foil/baking soda method. I'm not a big fan of this method but this coin was black. That loosened it up and the remaining stains were removed by a reapplication of citric acid. I was a lot of work;)
 
Your the man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom