What's new

First signal and last signal was a Seated Quarter

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
After work I decided to go back to the spot where I pulled 10 silver coins last week including a seated dime. I parked the car and geared up. Started at the lawn edge and got a signal that bounced from a penny to a quarter at 6". Dug and saw silver. Seated quarter. I checked around the spot for additional signals, turned the machine off, and went home. Enough for today.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447117979.776632.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447117993.113653.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447118003.752337.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447118011.638731.webp

I've pulled two seated half-dimes, a lot of seated dimes, and even a seated half, but the quarter has eluded me. Finally.


Enjoy!

Steve
 
Upvote 96
That's pretty impressive for a first (and last) target Steve. I'm sure "seated city" will continue to produce and maybe the dollar (or trade dollar) will be next. Good luck man!
 
Congrats. Took me about 20 years of digging before I dug my first seated quarter. A nice 1877-CC with a 1875 seated dime resting on top of it !!!!
 
Wow that is one beautiful Seated Quarter! Love that year too! Congrats!
 
What a beautiful coin! Great shape and nice date too. I haven't found a seated anything yet, so still looking forward to it. Congrats! HH!

Your finds have been in the range. It will come, perhaps next hunt?! Lol
 
That's pretty impressive for a first (and last) target Steve. I'm sure "seated city" will continue to produce and maybe the dollar (or trade dollar) will be next. Good luck man!

Well, I hope it produces more seated coins so I can call it seated city. With two from this spot so far it's more like Seated Village! Lol. And oh yes, bring on the dollar!
 
If you haven't dug one until now then I might as well forget the seated quarter and hope for the Barber. Congrats
 
Congrats on the quarter:thumb_up:
 
If you haven't dug one until now then I might as well forget the seated quarter and hope for the Barber. Congrats

Lol. Listen.....Finding Seated coins is like making love to beautiful women. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes it all worth it. Lol

...Ugh oh, it's after 8pm. I stop posting after 8 because either Vino yells at me or I say something that pisses off a mod.
 
Congrats on pulling that beautiful (crisp detailed) seated. :occasion14: You don't dig them every day.
 
Lots of detail....WOW!

You were like Wham, Bam, Thankyou Ma'am!!!
 
Lol. Listen.....Finding Seated coins is like making love to beautiful women. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes it all worth it. Lol

My only two seated coins sleep next to me every night. Heck all my silvers do. But they are my favorites
 
Great finds. I would be camping out there
 
Great silver! Still waiting for my first seated bigger (or smaller) than a dime
 
wow amazing find! well done!
 
That's a good looking quarter! Great quick hunt. I've been in that "detecting time warp" and its had me running back to my truck before after I look at my cell phone. ha The seated has eluded me, but now I think it might just be because you already found them all.
 
. I checked around the spot for additional signals, turned the machine off, and went home. Enough for today.

I've pulled two seated half-dimes, a lot of seated dimes, and even a seated half, but the quarter has eluded me. Finally.

Steve

Nice one man! Must feel great.
I have one on my list tomorrow and if I get it I am going home too.
LOL.
Great season for you. :thumbsup:
 
That's is too funny!!!!! I couldn't stop and would be there ALL NIGHT!!:laughing7: Great looking seated!!!
 
That's a good looking quarter! Great quick hunt. I've been in that "detecting time warp" and its had me running back to my truck before after I look at my cell phone. ha The seated has eluded me, but now I think it might just be because you already found them all.

Too bad we can't go back in time instead...maybe that's Minelabs next project
 
That's is too funny!!!!! I couldn't stop and would be there ALL NIGHT!!:laughing7: Great looking seated!!!

I worry about that happening to me. If I find a coin high enough on my list, it would send me right over the edge, and I would forget to pick my kids up from school...
 
That seated quarter pictured by you is simply beyond awesome.I don't think I could find one much better at mt local coin dealer. Great find indeed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom