FIRST TARGET OF THE DAY

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
I FOUND THESE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURES. I ASKED AND RECIEVED PERMISSION TO DETECT A FIELD ACROSS THE ROAD FROM A FAIR GROUNDS THAT THEY BRUSHED HOGED TO HAVE MOR PARKING FOR THE FAIR. GOT OUT OF MY CAR TURNED ON MY DFX WALKED TEN FEET OUT IN THE FIELD A BANG, I THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WAS GOING TO BE A BEER CAN, I HAVE DUG A BUNCH IN THE FAIR GROUNDS BEFORE AND I ALMOST DIDN'T DIG THIS, MY FIRST BELT BUCKLE, I ALMOST RAN THE FOUR BLOCKS HOME TO SHOW MY WIFE I WAS SO EXCITED. IT WAS ABOUT 6 INCHES UNDER. LATER I FOUND THE MINI, I HOPE IT IS A FRENCH TRIANGLE XTRA HIGH BASE, ANY HELP ON IDing WOULD BE GREAT. I HAVE WENT BACK TWICE WITH MY WIFE AND FOUND A POCKET SPILL OF 6 WHEATIES A GOOD FOR 10 CHICKENS TOKEN, A FEW OTHER DONTKNOWS. MY WIFE FOUND A NICE 1889 IH. PLAN ON HITTING THIS FIELD A BUNCH. DURRING THE CW THEY CAMPED ON THIS FAIRGROUNDS/TOWN SQUARE AND THE SURROUNDING COUPLE OF BLOCKS. I USED A 69 CAL 3 RINGER FOR COMPARISON. THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HH.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 502
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 506
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 517
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 509
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 453
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0
Should be "Lucky Dog" instead of Junkyard Dog! That is awesome! I would've run the four blocks too! Man, you must have been freakin' out! Congrats on a "most historic" find!

By the way - love your e-mail address - I'm pretty sure I can guess what it means (and that is truly original)! :thumbsup:

Truly nice finds, cool.

I've only been detecting a little less than 2 months, but about 21/2 weeks ago my first dug coin was 1917 merc. And last wednsday my only dug hole, due to bad weather, was a 57' rosie. Its always nice to get something good right off the bat, sure charges you up.

Good luck,
HH.

Nice buckle, JD! You found a good spot!

Pls, don't run in all caps... it's like yelling!

Best,
rmptr

Supper finds. Surprising how targets sounds can be one thing then turn up to be something else huh! Great finds.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 428
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 428
My apologies for the caps, i'm new to the forum world. I wasn't yelling, i'm happy. I do see what you mean though. Thanks and good luck to all.

Fantastic day out with some awesome finds indeed to be proud of. :thumbsup:

Only someone who has dug a plate can understand the high you get when you finally dig one. And I will tell you, that .69 cal French triangle base is a darn good and fairly rare find. You did good on that spot. Now go get the breast plate. Good luck.

Holey crap, I woulda ran rite into a tree, super great finds... your smoking now... excellent finds :thumbsup:

Wow! That's fantastic! Sounds like that site will keep you busy for a while. All that and a token for 10 chickens, too! Looking forward to seeing more finds from there!

BTW, great looking dog!

Nice belt plate

HH Jer

Excellent digs :)

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back