First three silver day of the year, and a few wheats!!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the town I hit last weekend where I found the Merc and Barber, and hit some new sidewalk strips I didn`t have time for last week. I took
a few swings and got a nice 23-26 so I dug it up and got a wheat on the first hole, nice start and then a few more and after 15 mins I had 8 already!

Now if I could only get a silver to get the day started, 50 yards later, out pops a Rosie, my second one this year! Been hard to find them with all the Mercs
I been finding this year!:tongue3:

Kept going and going and going, until about five hours later, I get a real strong 31-33 signal, and dig the hole, take about 10 mins looking for the darn thing
and find out I`m off about 8-10 inches! Once I find it a shiny silver Washington quarter comes out, nice!

After finding a few more wheats, I decided to hit a small town on the way back home I been wanting to try, once I got started, the first hole was another
wheat! I spent about two hours here and was right at the end of the block where the sidewalk was gonna end and got a nice 26-27 signal and figured I had
another penny, when once I got the hole open and the plug out, once I pinpointed it, I see a little silver rim!

Once I wash it off I see I have my slickest Merc yet, a 1918!

I knew I had quite a few wheats, but once I counted them I was amazed, 24 today! My best wheat day ever, with 3 silvers to boot, it was a good day!

Almost worth the 9 hours of swinging in 90 degrees today! 20190609_002000.jpg20190609_010125.jpg

Upvote 20
Nice Finds!!! That Mercs had a rough life!!!

Nice finds. You gotta love the silver. Congrats

Nice, love the silver, but I have a soft spot for those wheaties!!

I'd take a day like this anytime! Nice haul of silver and wheats.

Nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back